smiffy
2011-02-01T18:36:18Z
Evening all!

I am close to concluding the purchase of a Seal 22 MK3, and I wondered what you blokes used to tow them with. I have a Hyundai Sonata 2 litre, and was wondering whether it would struggle? I have done me sums, and the braked trailer limit for the car is 1700KG, or 3747lbs in old money. The boat is 1100KG ish, which leaves 600KG for the trailer, but I don't know what that weighs at the moment, I just thought I would ask and see what you thought.

Cheers, Ray.

Live like there'll be no tomorrow
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching
And keep growing older - not up!
Seal 22 MK3 "Morveren" Number 384
(the last one built by John Baker)

smiffy
2011-02-07T21:46:12Z
I am pleased to report that my car coped admirably with towing "Melissa" back to Bideford from Poole, we did come back via Yeovil though to avoid the big hills on the A35 coast road[:)]

Ray.

quote:
Originally posted by smiffy

Evening all!

I am close to concluding the purchase of a Seal 22 MK3, and I wondered what you blokes used to tow them with. I have a Hyundai Sonata 2 litre, and was wondering whether it would struggle? I have done me sums, and the braked trailer limit for the car is 1700KG, or 3747lbs in old money. The boat is 1100KG ish, which leaves 600KG for the trailer, but I don't know what that weighs at the moment, I just thought I would ask and see what you thought.

Cheers, Ray.

Live like there'll be no tomorrow
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching
And keep growing older - not up!

Seal 22 MK3 "Melissa" Number 384

Seal 22 MK3 "Morveren" Number 384