Andy G
  • Andy G
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2011-02-04T13:43:21Z
Hi

I'm planning on fitting a BM-1 Compact Batter Monitor in the next couple of weeks and I would like to know where the shunt is positioned on the Parker fitted units? Jago is a 235 from 2002 so it has battery holder for a single batter in the aft end of the port side saloon seat.

For routing the wiring I am planning to drill another hole in the aft end of the port seat base to follow the same route that the original wiring feed follows for the connection between the switch panel and battery with the aim of keeping the installation as neat as possible.

I would be interested in anyone's experience with routing the wiring in this manner.

Many thanks
Andy

Jago
Parker 235/04

Jago
Parker 235/04
Gary
2011-02-04T17:29:37Z
Hi Andy,
I too like the idea of a battery monitor and I would be interested how you and other 235 owners fit the gizmo. I had a quick look around the tinternet and found this company http://www.capitalmarine.co.uk/...attery-monitor-bm1-12vdc 
it would seem they supply a shunt with the monitor. Its all new to me and from my observations of our 235 battery compartment I don't think I saw a shunt but will have a closer look when next aboard.

Gary/Ruth/& Skipper the Working Cocker Spaniel
Crew of Juicy Blue P235
Crew of Juicy Blue P235
Andy G
  • Andy G
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2011-02-04T18:49:45Z
Hi Gary

I'm fitting the NASA BM-1 compact as the LCD screen is smaller and so it has a smaller footprint. The rest of it is the same.

The Nasa one shown at that website was as a factory option and I understand that a lot of owners took this option so it should be pretty straight forward to retro fit one.

Andy

Jago
Parker 235/04

Jago
Parker 235/04
Gary
2011-02-04T19:16:59Z
Just noticed this, thought it may be of interest http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249391  if you have not already seen it.

Crew of Juicy Blue P235
Crew of Juicy Blue P235