kate.hattersley
2011-02-27T18:00:28Z
Coming to the end of winter storage and cleaning the M5 bloom off Beeline I am considering getting a tarpaulin made for covering her up next winter. It would drape over the mast which lies fore and aft from pulpit to pushpit and be secured underneath by ties.

Has anyone else got one and can you give me the dimensions? Apparently there is a firm that make them up down here in Devon.
Thanks in anticipation

Kate
Kate
Gary
2011-02-27T20:53:46Z
Hi Kate,

Over the winter our P235 has been partly covered by a custom made cockpit cover that was manufactured for the first owner for use on the Norfolk Broads. I say partly covered because it is designed as a tent with windows and access flaps. The cover is best used with the mast up and for use when not sailing for added covered cockpit space.

We do not anticipate much use for this piece of equipment for our future needs, but the reason I mention it is...that it has two zipped openings/flaps either side of the cockpit, these have proven really useful over the winter for gaining easy access to the cockpit from the ladder.

As we are also considering a full length cover for next winter, given our experience with the above mentioned cover we think incorporating a zipped access to one side would prove really useful if having a full length cover made to measure...just a thought.

Gary/Ruth/& Skipper the Working Cocker Spaniel
Crew of Juicy Blue P235
Gary/Ruth/& Skipper the Working Cocker Spaniel
Crew of Juicy Blue P235
kate.hattersley
2011-03-06T22:38:13Z
Hi Gary
I would intend to leave the aft end of the cover open to allow access and air to circulate. Generally my boat is stored head to wind as it were! Thanks for your suggestion though

Kate
Kate