sean
  • sean
  • Member Topic Starter
2007-03-13T08:09:03Z
my rudder seems a little bit tight in its stock and needs a helping hand to get it down, i plan to shim the stock but in the mean time, how far down should it drop, should the flat part at the front of the rudder butt up against the stock
Chris Turner
2007-03-13T09:04:26Z
Sean, there are sections in the old forum area where this is discussed. One (page 4 in the SuperSeal 26 area)although it is entitled 'Lee Helm' has some relevance to the importance of getting the rudder down at the correct angle. I suspect this is much the same for the later models (27 upwards). Might be of some use?
Chris.
Ken Surplice
2007-03-23T20:57:57Z
Hello Sean, on my P275 everything seemed fine with my rudder at sea. However, when craned out for winter, I could see that the box section that the rudder mates against had actually collapsed. I put in some spacers and all is well again. Therefore I conclude that at last on my craft, the rudder goes down until it can go no further. The rudder is always light, even when the angle was greater than expected due to the collapsed box section. I never bang the rudder down so was quite surprised at the collapse. Cheers-Ken

Ken Surplice
Vice Commodore
Ken
Ken Surplice
2007-03-23T20:59:10Z
I should learn to read the older posts first. I think I just found I had the same problem as Kate!

Ken Surplice
Vice Commodore
Ken