Robby
  • Robby
  • Member Topic Starter
2012-04-25T22:09:43Z
Hi,

I have three large batteries (charged by a 60 watt solar panel and my outboard) one battery is positioned under the companionway step, and I wish to locate the other two in convenient positions.

Before you ask, the reason I have so many batteries is some of them came off my previous yacht, I have a high powered electric motor (saltwater)as an auxiliary a Mercury 7.5hp and an Evinrude 8hp to choose from as main engines, and I intend to get an autopilot, for extensive solo cruising.

Now to get to the point I am looking for suggestions as to where the best place to locate two of the batteries. I am initially thinking either side of the lazerette but am open to suggestions.

Robby

The More I learn The More I Realise How Little I know!
Geoff Harwood
2012-04-26T19:00:01Z
I remember that on my Sinbad there was always a fair amount of water sloshing about in the lazarette. Even with my cunningly designed anti-slurp plates installed round the outboard leg, some slopped in and I would not have liked to have electrics in either side of the lazarette.

Geoff Harwood ex Sinbad 287
Robby
  • Robby
  • Member Topic Starter
2012-04-27T22:27:14Z
Hi Geoff,

An excellent point I never thought of that but having only just bought it I wouldn't have known about the water in the lazerette.

Robby

Stromboli
2012-04-28T20:44:59Z
Hi Robby.

I have recently bought a Seal Sinbad 22 (Folly 315) which I think is the same layout inside as yours. She has two batteries fitted in the locker under the stove, which seems to work well. Some extra support has been fitted under the floor of the locker.

I hope this might be of use to you.

Regards

Brian

Brian
"Stromboli"
Super Seal (79)
Robby
  • Robby
  • Member Topic Starter
2012-04-29T22:58:29Z
Hi, Folly,

Thanks for that, must say I hadn't considered it. Am back at the boat tomorrow so I will check it out.

Robby

Robby
  • Robby
  • Member Topic Starter
2012-05-31T13:03:24Z
Hi

I have solved the problem putting them both under the companionway step they fit in there beautifully.

Thanks for all the help!

Robby