colindcoady
2012-05-01T13:48:33Z
Hello all,
I wonder could anyone provede a pic of how the keel is lifted on a seal 26, I have seen only one pic of a upgraded version but I can not find info on how it was done originally. It would be of great assistance as I have no idea as to the pulley arrangement.
Thanks all. Colin.
Chris Turner
2012-05-01T16:04:19Z
Colin,
I did make a very much modified system for full keel lift and that is described somewhere in the forum. But my boat originally had the deck fitting that went over the slot with a single pulley built into it. The lifting rope was simply tied to the top of the keel then led through the pulley in the deck fitting and, via the diverter organiser by the mast, back to the coachroof winch. Direct pull. Fairly hard work but no problem.I think most Super Seals were originally supplied like this.
Chris. Elsa SS 26 No 103
geoff.sheddick
2012-05-01T16:46:16Z
Hi Colin,
You'll find the illustrated answer to this [and much more besides...] in the Association's absolutely invaluable Technical Handbook for the S26 - if you contact Geoff Harwood, I think that he may still be able to supply you with a copy for the price of a couple of beers!

Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'
Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'
colindcoady
2012-05-01T16:53:48Z
Hello Chris,
That sounds like a great idea.
Cheers !