nick
  • nick
  • Member Topic Starter
2013-12-02T18:07:46Z
Hi Guys,
I am a new member to the organisation, having recently purchased 'Yes M lady' from a gentleman at Bucklers Hard.
Can any one please help with how to construct a bow sprit to affix a asymmetric spinnaker to my Parker 235. Are there any complete bow sprits that can be purchased and fixed to the boat. If not, does any one have the measurements at hand that would assist me to have one made up. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated on this matter as at the moment, I am struggling to find the information. If any one can assist me, I would gladly ring you to discuss where to go with this, so if you can, include a phone number it would be very much appreciated. Thanking you.

Nicholas collin
Nicholas collin
John Edwards
2013-12-03T12:57:27Z
Hi Nick and welcome to the group - I am sure you will have lots of fun with your new boat; at least when the weather picks-up.

I have a bowsprit for my spinnaker so they certainly exist. I was down checking on my boat this morning, so took a look at the 'pole'. Unfortunately there is no name on it but to give you an idea of the size and what you are looking for, it is something like 224 cm in length and 19 cm in circumference.

This is a very friendly and helpful group so I am sure somebody will come up with a better answer; if not you are always welcome - Poole Harbour

Good luck

John
235/07 Diamond
John
235/07 Diamond
ARRussell
2013-12-03T22:33:37Z
Hello Nick,

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

The sprit is just a Z-Spars pole, which is also used for raising and lowering the mast and can be used to pole out the jib. The details of the stem-head fitting and pole are here: http://www.parkerseal.org.uk/bbs/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1393 .

It'll be well worthwhile - the asymmetric spinnaker is great fun!

Anthony Russell
235/02 Sea Wyche
Anthony Russell
235/02 Sea Wyche