GeoffTurner
2014-09-15T09:24:13Z
It's finally time to replace my 25 year old Mercury 5hp, and I'd be interested to know what motors other Parker 21 owners are using - and (of course) which ones actually fit in the well and in the cockpit locker.

So all suggestions / recommendations welcome!

Geoff
P21/18 Dawn
Robert Young
2014-09-16T06:29:08Z
Mercury F4 ML Sail 4 Stroke fits the well,I don't know if it would get into the cockpit locker .
Please don't ask any technical questions,all i know is I'am glad it has a reverse gear and uses an external fuel tank which gives better fuel presure for starting than the tank on the top.

I have it chained to the boat in Summer and use the local Police scheme of taking away the Engine Cover when leaving the boat, and replacing it with a loose cover from the Police. The Police have record of Serial Number etc from the Supplier and the idea is you can't buy a new Proper Engine cover unless you are the true owner.During Winter it is removed and Serviced by the Supplier and has been very good. I belive it is a long shaft.I have been using the Expensive 4 Star in it and not letting the fuel get too old.
Jon Stockton
2014-10-02T18:46:02Z
My 21 came with a Mariner 5, short shaft. Fine in forward, but reverse takes about a week to happen. It seems it is the through prop exhaust causing cavitation, possibly worse with short shaft. Jon