Jake
  • Jake
  • Member Topic Starter
2014-10-17T18:45:55Z
The gooseneck on my Parker 275 (Ardea) is beginning to wear through and the parts need to be replaced this winter. I think the mast and boom were made by Kemp (1993).
There are three parts. Two are pop riveted to the mast. The third is attached to the boom with a safety ring. Lugs in the boom part fit into the mast parts and I think should have been held in position with small plastic cups but these have gone.
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting replacement parts? A rigger I spoke to was very pessimistic and recommended a new mast! He might have had a vested interest in my acceptance of his suggestion though!

Jake
Jake Lyne
Marvin Kowalewski
2014-10-18T01:38:55Z
Hi Jake.........

You should have no problem getting a replacement goose...check out this catalogue
they have drawings on page 5.

http://www.usspars.com/w.../2011/03/CATALOG2009.pdf 

For help...contact Rick Pantall-Sales Manager-Mast Sales-Rigging
rick@usspars.com

US Spars is in the UK.

Marv
Marvin Kowalewski, Ph.D
Jake
  • Jake
  • Member Topic Starter
2014-10-18T10:35:36Z
Hi Marv
Thanks so much, I've been in touch and they have referred me back to Z-spars in the UK which should be cheaper. I'll post how I get on.
Jake
Jake Lyne
David Tilley
2014-10-21T06:50:03Z
I had a problem with my gooseneck on a SS26 this season and given it is a Proctor mast had no chance of original parts. Allspars in Plymouth rebuilt the original worn castings at a very reasonable cost and in fact it ended up being less than their original estimate. VERY pleased with the service and quality!
David Tilley
Jake
  • Jake
  • Member Topic Starter
2014-10-21T08:37:06Z
Good to know about Allspars, since they are quite local to me. Z-spars had all the parts I needed. They have a good stock of pre-2000 Z-spar mast spares, though they will run out eventually.
One of the annoying features of the mast is the mastgate that has to be closed for the sail sliders to run up and down the mast. The screw that holds mine in place when closed has worked loose. The solution has been to screw self tapping screws of increasing sizes through the gate into the mast. But that solution has reached its limit with an M6 (I think it was) self tapper.
The solution suggested by Z-Spars is to use a Rivnut - something I hadn't heard of before. I'll see if it works. I wonder if others have had the same problem?
Jake
Jake Lyne