letsgo
2016-07-22T17:51:45Z
hello all
I have a problem with my engine blowing all the oil out of the engine i have done the oil switch but still does it the engine starts ok
any surgestions will be welcome
SS27-115
2016-07-25T07:27:09Z
First make sure you haven't over filled it with oil "its easy done". Then it depends on where the oil is coming from. Any of the seals such as the crank shaft lip seal then start with the engine breather at the top or some times side of the engine. These can be an open pipe (not nice on a boat) or a pipe feeding back to the air intake. If this is blocked or the filter in it is blocked, the crank case pressure will build up and force the oil out of the seals. If the oil is coming from the exhaust or the manifold mountings then I'm afraid its either the piston rings or valve stems letting the oil past and into the piston bowl and these are more difficult to fix.
Martin Watson
2016-07-31T13:09:43Z
Don't know if it's any help, but I had similar problem on my Yanmar 2GM20, discovered that if the dipstick is not pushed firmly into it's housing, it will throw oil out from the dipstick hole as it is a lot lower down the side of the engine than say on the 1GM10. If the dipstick length below the 'stopper' is quite short (around 6" or so) then the oil will splash up the sides inside the pan and block and out through the hole. Just a thought.
Martin Watson
letsgo
2016-08-03T21:13:30Z
thanks for the tips will give them a go .
does anybody know of a
letsgo
2016-08-03T21:16:13Z
if they dont work does anybody know someone who can repair the engine,
the boat is in faversham kent and a have had no luck finding anybody
Neil Sinclair
2016-09-07T20:10:23Z
Sorry for late reply - if it's any use, I had this problem with my DV20. It was the breather blocked up. On the Bukh DV20, the breather is in the rocker box. It is a little helmet shaped contrivance with a short pipe that connects to the air inlet in the cylinder head. It has a simple valve to stop liquid oil from getting into the engine air intake and this can get stuck closed, allowing crankcase pressure to build up. Simply take the breather off (two screws) and wash it in petrol. This problem seemed to happen while I was having trouble with white gunge in the rocker box - this now cured by replacement piston rings.
Neil Sinclair
Seal 28/27
'Andiamo of Exe'