ChrisC
  • ChrisC
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2016-10-17T15:46:57Z
Long time since I posted on this forum but yesterday, we broke our bowsprit in a collision.. (don't ask). There was no asymmetric flying at the time and it broke roughly in half at a point where the internal filling finished - (I didn't know it was filled with what looks like wood but perhaps isn't wood). Has anyone else had this problem but more importantly has anyone bought this spar other than from Parkers? Some time ago, it was mentioned, in the forum, that the pole was made by Z-Spars - 53mm diameter, 2.2 metres long. However, it occurs to me that the reinforced filling may be a Parker special as the pole is heavily stressed differently to a standard spinnaker pole? Any info would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Chris Cobb

235 No 48 "Tarakihi"
DickG
2016-10-18T19:39:08Z
With Z Spars being so close to you, you could take the bits in and have a chat with them. They are very helpful.
Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36
ChrisC
  • ChrisC
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2016-10-18T20:00:38Z
Dick,

Thanks for your very sensible suggestion - why didn't I think of that, especially as I have been there before quite a few years ago...?! Must be old age.....

Regards

Chris

James Hamilton
2016-10-30T12:49:01Z
Not had that problem thank goodness. 'Glad' it was a collision rather than stress of weather. I guess if it broke at the stiffening then it probably protected the stainless steel hoop which it goes through?