barry.tiernan
2017-04-10T16:27:38Z
Hi

Unfortunately after a winter break ashore, the water pump developed a leak when going back in the water

Any advice, on repair or replacement

Yanmar GM 20 (F)(V) engine

Talked to local Yanmar suppliers and I cannot believe it is so difficult to get spares, I thought it would be a bog standard pump. Probably easier to get a spare part for the Titanic

It was easy to remove, just two screws, may be putting the old dripping pump back to sail this weekend

Any advice much appreciated

Regards

Barry Tiernan

adrian
2017-04-12T17:16:02Z
Hi Barry, try these guys, they have been very helpful and supplied advice and service spares for my Yanmar 3G 20 :

They are called: Bottomline and are based in the isle of man.

Tel:01624 671671

Email: info@bottomline.im

Regards

Ade Lumb

"Ariana"

Jan
  • Jan
  • Advanced Member
2017-04-13T09:27:06Z
Hi Barry

I'll add my piece as well.

Is it the pump body that's leaking ? I have had problems with the hoses, sometimes that polythene braided hose is used and it gets very hard with age, so is difficult to tighten the clips. If it is that, use a hot air gun to warm the hose then tighten the clip.

I found Cellar Marine (Helston) very knowledgeable re Yanmars also seem to carry most spares.

Jan

325/32

Blue Moon

barry.tiernan
2017-04-13T13:44:36Z
Hi Jan and Ade

I managed to fine a kit and will now attempt to replace all the bearings and seals this weekend

Watched several You Tube Videos (Getting sad) and judging by some of the characters that appear it cant be that difficult.

Nothing that a good wack with a spanner wont cure

Regards

Barry

Marvin Kowalewski
2017-04-14T14:30:28Z
Hi Barry...

I have a 2GM20 and I have had mine rebuilt by the local diesel guys here....it's cheaper--$40.00 than new. If you do it yourself, you'll need a hydraulic press.

Marv Kowalewski

The Happy Seal

Marvin Kowalewski, Ph.D