Graham Ebb
2018-06-06T13:11:04Z
Hi all,

Latest Information as at 07-06-18

For those arriving Friday evening we will get together and head into town for a meal and drinks at around 19.00 hrs.
For the Saturday the Mardi Gras Carnival circulates around Ryde town centre starting at 15.00 hrs and terminates on the promenade next to the Harbour at around 16.30 hrs or there abouts. This will be followed by Pimms on the pontoon served from Betty Blue at about 18.00 hrs.
For Saturday evening we will endeavor to book some where to eat for all those interested, depending on how many attend the rally. Please note we will not be booking in advance, as the local restaurants are not happy at last minute cancellations due to bad weather.We have managed to find some good food in previous years.

Friday 29th June HW 13.12 4.4m
Saturday 30th June HW 13.53 4.4m
Sunday 1st July HW 14.32 4.4m

Please note:
Ryde is a drying Harbour where the pontoons and boats sit down on to the mud at low water. There is pontoon access to shore at all times.Access is about HW +/- 2hrs depending on draught.

We have in the past had a breakfast BBQ on the beach followed but we will not have access to the harbour wall this year.

Peter Lowry has offered to organise the Boules and Sandcastle competitions which will be happening on Saturday afternoon for the Sandcastle competition, and Sunday morning for the Boules. Please note, you will need to walk to the next beach down to access the sand because of the following works.

Ryde harbour and the adjacent beach is undergoing some very significant construction works at present. The environment Agency is constructing a flood relief scheme through the beach and into the harbour. This means that the harbour wall is closed to the public whilst a large hole is put through it and the beach is closed for about a quarter of a mile from the harbour wall. It is due to be completed by August but that is to late for us.

Please send me a text message to 07885 488639 containing boat name and type and number in party. It helps to organise berthing etc.

Regards

Chris and Graham
Betty Blue 285/61
philip linsell
2018-06-06T17:25:35Z
Chris and Graham
I hope to come to Ryde, with family crew, not for Mardi Gras but for the Boules and maybe sandcastle competitions.
I could not make last year, but we have trophies for both competitions and Ryde is the best location for both.
I can only think the right boats didn't make Ryde last year.
Please rethink the competitions, I'm sure we can walk a few yards.
Philip
rascal
adrian
2018-06-07T12:47:18Z
Hi Chris & Graham,
Sadly Ariana wont be able to make this weekend, but we were in Ryde last weekend with the grandchildren and can confirm that the disruption on the beach is not too bad,we arrived Friday afternoon and the workers had already stopped for the weekend. The beach is closed up to just a few yards past the toilet block and there is no mooring against the wall.

Have a great weekend

Adrian & Pam
Graham Ebb
2018-06-25T15:09:30Z
Hi all,

We have nine boats booked in so far.

IMPORTANT

Please only contact me by TEXT, as I will not be picking up emails or web postings after today.

Text name , boat name and number and number in group to 07885 488639

Thanks

Graham Ebb
Martin Watson
2018-06-27T22:01:49Z
Hi Graham, hope you got my text confirming I will be arriving on Friday in FRITH and staying for two nights. Regards Martin
Martin Watson