Gilliane Sills
2018-06-09T15:49:33Z
I have a couple of queries from a new member Michael Crawford, who asks whether anyone can provide section 7 of the Parker 235 Owners Manual which relates to launching, recovery and raising & lowering the mast? He also says "can someone please advise me where the clew outhaul line is intended to be cleated? The rope on my boat is too short to reach a winch and cleating it on the mast means that the tension varies with the point of sailing. Many thanks, Michael"

Gilliane
Delphine, Parker 275, no. 41
Silkkn
2018-06-12T09:11:05Z
Hi there, yes I could scan and email you a copy of section 7 of the owners manual.

As far as the clew outhaul goes, my boom has 3 integral cleats at the gooseneck end which enables you to tension and secure the outhaul. This would not effect the tension with the point of sailing. I then tie off the loose end onto the mast cleat.

Cheers

Richard
Parker 235 No59 Silkkin
Sea Fever
2018-06-12T18:22:02Z
Many thanks, Richard.
Michael Crawford
Parker 235 number 21 Sea Fever
Sunshine
2018-07-21T09:21:17Z
Hi

Our clew outhaul comes back to a clutch on the cabin roof so we can adjust when sailing - this does however mean that it uses one of the three blocks on the mast leaving 2 for reefing lines - the 3rd reef not being rigged. As we've found the 235 does need reefing quite early, and we've needed the 3rd reef, we've a system to clip the third eye on leech to the second reefing line. A way to manage the outhaul would be good if you did find another way that still enabled you to adjust it. I'd be interested to hear how that goes.
Graham
Sea Fever
2018-08-01T12:30:32Z
Thanks, Graham

My rig seems to be the same asyours except that the line for the 2:1 purchase within the boom is too short to reach the clutch.
Michael Crawford
Parker 235 number 21 Sea Fever