John Williamson
2007-06-08T08:18:31Z
does anyone have a simple and cheap, one-man way of lowering and raising the mast on the Seal 22? If you have a simple and efficient way of doing so please let me know.

Also as this is my first purchase of a Seal 22, can anyone let me know of both it's good and bad points and any improvements that you consider worthwhile, mine is a Mark 3.

Are there any reviews that anyone knows of?

Thanks

John Williamson

j.williamson

j.williamson
kate.hattersley
2007-06-08T19:01:42Z
Congratulations on your new boat and welcome to the PSSA. When I bought my Parker I paid for the PBO/Yachting Monthly review costing about £4 which told me all the good and bad points. I expect they have one for your boat too. Happy Sealing!

Kate

Kate
peter lowry
2007-06-12T12:52:59Z
Hi and welcome,[:D]

if you contact the regalia officer you can purchase a seal 22 manual which has lots of very useful advise and several ways of lowering and raising the mast

Peter Lowry

gregfaux
2007-06-17T22:37:06Z
Welcome John....

I too have a Mk III Seal 22 a 1978 model "Moonspinner", which we purchased last autumn, so this is our first season sailing her. There is a PBO article and its relatively recent - November 2001. About 6 different 22ft boats were tested including the Seal 22 (a M.1 I think), Andersen 22, Benetau, E Boat, and a couple of others. I bought a copy online and the issues the article came up with are also addressed in the Seal Association's Owners Handbook. One criticism I couldnt quite understand concerned the protruding keel stub which requires beaching legs on a hard beach... As far as I recall the Benetau has a large keel stub/housing hanging off the bottom but no mention was made of that! We have very much enjoyd sailing our 'new' boat and my daughter and I have just got back from a pleasant weekend away downriver to Brightlingsea (Blackwater Estuary). Nice to see so many old and not so old gaff-rigged boats at the Old Gaffer's Association Rally that took place over the weekend.

Greg...

Greg...

Seal 22 - Moonspinner

John Williamson
2007-06-19T06:32:35Z
quote:
Originally posted by kate.hattersley

Congratulations on your new boat and welcome to the PSSA. When I bought my Parker I paid for the PBO/Yachting Monthly review costing about £4 which told me all the good and bad points. I expect they have one for your boat too. Happy Sealing!

Kate

j.williamson

j.williamson