Stephen Godber
2007-06-08T12:48:49Z

It can't just be my boat - both my sinks leak into the cupboards below!

The double sink by the cooker initially leaked down the blue feeder hose to the tap, as well as from the jubilee clip attaching the drain pipe, and now the basin in the heads is also leaking where the plug outlet is jubileed to the waste pipe.

I've tried adding silicone but the very action of tightening the jubilee clip is to actually 'squeeze' the waste pipe back off the plug-hole spigot. Perhaps the waste pipe is just an inch too short?

It is really annoying to find a cupboard an inch deep in water, and I need a reliable fix - any ideas anyone?

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"
PaulBurton
2007-06-08T16:02:58Z
Mine doesn't leak from the same place......but the water system does still empty when healing...usually all over the head floor...

Paul Burton.

Parker 235/ 40 Lady Penelope...

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362
James Hamilton
2007-06-12T21:32:34Z
Stephen

We had some seepage early on, but have cured it with a combination of tightening the jubilees (if you over tighten you oval the pipe as you have found), and not letting water sit in the pipe. We always fill a kettle then disconnect the water (we have the front tanks) and shut off the sea cocks before we sail to prevent the syphoning Paul has mentioned.

Unless they've changed the pumps, don't really understand why you should have a problem, we have the Whale vertical action sink pumps (hull # 29).

Can only suggest you change the pipe for a smaller size. When I was younger than I am now there wasn't this fancy blue BS??? water pipe, my dad used transparent polythene tubing and stuck it in hot water before pushing it over the pipe end, perhaps with the help of a bit of soap (backed up by the jubilee clip of course).

If you have distorted the pipe you might need to change it anyway

The only other thought I have is that white 'silk' thread tape they sell for sealing joints on domestic taps and radiators, but not sure if it would work.

http://freespace.virgin....james.hamilton/forum.jpg 
Don Harvey
2007-06-15T23:45:17Z
Hi James

to show your picture place the

http://freespace.virgin....james.hamilton/forum.jpg  between the tags that appear when you click on 'Insert Picture' - however, you'll need to make it smaller - see 'Posting Pictures on the Forum' on the Forum Issues forum.

However - If you wish to show a picture of yourself there is a facility to do so in your profile (click on my name as an example)

Regards
Don Harvey
Web Master
Parker 325 'Calypso'
Regards
Don Harvey