Kerenza
2019-09-11T09:40:42Z
PSSA Cowes Rally 27th and 29th September 2019

I have booked Shepard’s Wharf Marina for Friday into Sunday (if you wish to arrive on the Thursday then please let me know) berths will be £3.25 (less 5% if more than 6 boats attending) per metre per night and £3.70 for electric if required, call them on VHF Ch 80 on arrival or 01983 297821. All are welcomed for a magical mulled wine and some warming eats on or by Kerenza at1830 hrs before making our way to supper at the Duke of York at 1930 hrs, near to Shepard’s. For more info then look up on: www.shepardswharfmarina.co.uk . Let me know your details on 07762 218409 or at parsons@lcb.uk.com if planning to come, or as follows:

Please Supply the following details:

Your Name

Email

Mobile Phone No

Home Phone No

Date of Arrival

Class

Boat Name

Sail Number

Number in Party

Any Dietary Requirements

peter lowry
2019-09-11T14:32:21Z
Hi
"Sophia" will be there

Parker 275 # 53

Sat night only x 2 persons
should arr early afternoon Saturday

cheers
Peter and Jenny
barry.tiernan
2019-09-14T07:11:15Z
Hi Jeremy

Sulito Parker 325

We hope to get to Cowes, weather dependant. 

I am away until Friday 27 and will probably only get there on the Saturday, tides from Poole are late, will try and get to Yarmouth late Friday

Hope to see all

Regards

Barry & Orla Tiernan

Mobile 07881610685
2 people
Paul Gray
2019-09-16T17:28:37Z
Hi Jeremy,

Indianna (275/45) will be there for Friday & Saturday nights.

2 for the eve meal Saturday please.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Paul & Donna
Paul Morris
2019-09-16T19:09:51Z
Hi Jeremy,
BlackJack 26/4 will be there for Friday(hopefully) & Saturday nights.

2 for the eve meal Saturday please.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Paul & Zoe
Martin Watson
2019-09-16T19:25:53Z
Hi Jeremy, FRITH (P27) will be there for two nights (Friday/Saturday) with one person on board. My details are in the handbook, don't want to post them here (public forum) as I have been getting some potential data mining calls and emails. No special dietary requirements.
Cheers
Martin

Hi Jeremy, I'm afraid the weather forecast looks completely unforgiving so it looks like I'm going to have to cancel. Regards Martin
Martin Watson
malcolm
2019-09-18T15:28:48Z
Hi Jeremy
RUBY STAR will be there, Probably on the Friday and Saturday. 4 of us for the meal on Saturday as we will have our friends Chris & Jean with us. 07779728422 is my mobile no.
Cheers
Malcolm

Afraid the weather forecast is looking more and more unfriendly, so we will not be joining you all at the weekend......
Cheers
Malcolm Mary and friends
Graham Ebb
2019-09-19T15:22:17Z
Hi Jeremy,

Please book in Betty Blue for friday and saturday nights and two people for the meal at The Duke of York.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Regards

Chris and Graham

Betty Blue
Parker 285/61
Mob: 07885 488639

Updated 24th Sept.

Sorry, no longer attending due to weather forecast.
Peter Scrivens
2019-09-19T20:54:45Z
Hi Jeremy, Zephyr will be there Saturday only plus 2 adults and 2 children for dinner at the Duke of York please.
many thanks, Peter
Kerenza
2019-09-20T09:47:27Z
WOW, numbers now up to 37 crews with 8 boats trying to be there for Friday and 16 booked in for Saturday. i will be sending out a confirmatory email early next week! Thanks so much to all of you for a great planned turn out. Jeremy and Susan on Kerenza.
pmcdanell
2019-09-24T06:44:50Z
Orca will be there arriving Sat afternoon
Parker 275 number 7
Philip & Karin McDanell (new owners)
07768 773355
Martin Watson
2019-09-24T22:05:18Z
Hi Jeremy, I'm afraid the weather forecast looks totally unforgiving so I guess I am going to have to cancel. Regards Martin
Martin Watson
Tim Reeder
2019-09-25T08:39:16Z
Hi Jeremy

I'm afraid the Speedwell crew don't like the look of the forecast. We are planning to come by ferry instead.

Cheers

Tim
Kerenza
2019-09-25T16:37:20Z

Dear All of you who have expressed a wish to attend the COWES rally.

Unfortunately we are not to be blessed with our usual weather window this year!

A number of boats have pulled out however 2 crews have said that they will come by ferry if we are going ahead.

I am concerned that the whole weekend is due to be wet in showers and the WSW winds a wee bit gusty, clearly i need to make a decision by close of play Thursday.

Would you be so kind to let me know your own decisions by either Text/email/on this forum and i will then annouce the collective decision for a GO/NOGO?

Jeremy Parsons
KERENZA
Ken Surplice
2019-09-25T19:13:46Z
Hi Jeremy. Vol-au-vent x 2 remains keen on a Saturday night out. Happy to travel to Cowes by ferry. On the other hand, if all go by ferry instead of by yacht it might make sense to move to the mainland. Short notice but turning ferry fare into refreshments would appeal. We go with the flow, just not the airflow. Sorry for your organiser’s stress!
Ken
Paul Morris
2019-09-25T19:53:43Z
Hi Jeremy. The forecast looks atrocious,, but keeps changing (trying to be positive). Blackjack is at Hythe and we are still intending to go down Friday. At the moment Friday late or Saturday looks okay(ish) to get to Cowes. We were intending to to stop there or Fishbourne till Monday, so have some leeway on our return. I can’t guarantee that will happen, but that’s the plan. It would be lovely to meet up, but If nobody is there I’m sure we will be able to entertain ourselves. (It’s never rained in a Pub). You must do what you’re comfortable with and I’m open to other suggestions.
Regards Paul & Zoe
peter lowry
2019-09-26T09:31:15Z
Hi Jeremy.
As crew on Altair,we 4 are still keen on Cowes however the weather looks like it may dash out plans, I like Kens idea of perhaps a get-together on the mainland if Cowes is a No-go.
I will chat ltr with Altair and Vol au Vent and get back to u
Cheers
Peter
Kerenza
2019-09-26T15:03:34Z
Dear All,

I am afraid that I have decided to cancel the Cowes Rally to Shepards and the Duke of York, this year would have been our seventh in a row!

I have ended up with 3 boats who wanted to go and 4 who were Maybe’s from the original 18.

Shepards have asked me confirm the 7 who might still go, so if you do decide to make your way there they will be pleased to berth you. The Duke of York have had all three rallies pull out so there should be room with them. If anybody does go to Cowes please write an article for the newsletter so those that didn’t can reflect?

So as not to waste a night out with friends would any of you wish to meet up in Southampton for a bite to eat and a drink on Saturday Night?

Maybe somewhere near Ocean Village:

• Banana Wharf
• Pitcher & Piano
• The Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis (JD Wheatherspoon)
• Dancing Man Brewery (Opposite Red Funnel Ferries)
• Alexanda’s at Deacons. ( Not sure there would be room for all?)

All the best Jeremy

KERENZA
peter lowry
2019-09-26T16:43:28Z
Hi Jeremy.
What a shame to cancel our rally but fully understand and agree with you as the weather is not on our side this year.
I like the idea of a mainland meet up, The Admiral SLC, "Spoons" near Ocean Village followed by another trip to the fabulous micro brewery the Dancing Man sounds like an idea.
We were there for post bbq drinks on our Town Quay marina rally in May.
Lovely and very different beers to savour!!

Cheers
Peter
Ken Surplice
2019-09-26T16:55:44Z
Jeremy,

You are so much more decisive than Parliament. Thanks for the update and I’m relieved that I can look forward to being alive after the weekend. Very creative alternatives, top hole, and Peter’s subset would appeal to Sue & I. Decisions decisions...
Ken