June T
2007-07-16T23:42:01Z
Well, we've done it - and there’s now another 275 in the PSSA fold!

She arrived, amidst much excitement, in Poole from Bristol on the back of a lorry on Friday and is having a few surgical tweaks before we get her on the water.

One of those, potentially, is to do something about the ol’ mainsheet fixing (you may recall my previous posting – we’re not very happy with the coach roof traveller idea..) So, if anyone has any photos of any changes, they’d be very gratefully received. Or any plans, or even who did the modification so we could contact them? I’m particularly interested in the idea of the traveller across the front of the cockpit (a la Kate’s) or the fixed loop in the cockpit floor (a la John Williams' maybe?).

Other than that, it’s all very exciting... Very much looking forward to getting out there on the water. And maybe even seeing some of you at a Seal rally sometime – looking forward to going a bit further afield once we get ourselves organised!

June

June T

Sealena 22/213

peter lowry
2007-07-17T09:15:22Z
Congratulations

May she bring you many years of happy sailing and ditch crawling,

i am assuming you are going to keep her in Poole ,our area officer is Keith McCarthy and he has several rallies through out the seasonI i am in the process of organising an impromptu rally on the 4th Aug which will involve Poole /Studland at some point.

keep an eye on the web.

Peter Lowry (CLEO seal 26 Hamble based)

kate.hattersley
2007-07-17T21:53:56Z
Hi June congratulations![:)] I will take my camera out and do a Parker Shoot to show off my boat. If I can work out how to post pictures I will show you the traveller arrangement. Best wishes

Kate

Kate
June T
2007-07-18T19:21:09Z
Thanks Kate, I'll look forward to the photo shoot results. Was yours an off the peg Parker design or did you have it done yourself? And do you find it heavy to manage - some have suggested it might need herculean strength, and my muscles are far from that!

And thanks, Peter, will look forward to seeing you maybe in August when you're passing through Poole. Will still be in search of sea legs (and maybe even rigging?!) so unlikely to be going further afield quite yet...

June

June T

Sealena 22/213

kate.hattersley
2007-07-27T18:59:51Z
Have taken photos for you and will send as pm. If technology allows I will put a small picture on here. I will also show off my gas locker I got the yard to build me the first winter I had Beeline under a new thread!

Kate

Kate
kate.hattersley
kate.hattersley
2007-07-27T19:39:45Z
Better picture of whole traveller noting Amiot system has precurve to fit the shape of the companionway.

http://i210.photobucket....eHattersley/IMGP2030.jpg 

Kate

Kate
June T
2007-07-29T17:25:15Z
Thanks Kate, looks rather good. The next question is where to find one! I'm just off to France as it happens so I'll keep an eye open, but if anyone has any ideas?

A bientot,

June