Gareth_Veal
2022-01-27T21:34:14Z
Hi Everyone,

Pleased to meet you, in the electronic sense. My wife Lindsay and I are based in Saltash, just over the Bridge from Plymouth. We have two daughters, aged 4 and 7.

We currently sail a Souwester 18, a lifting keel day boat which we have really enjoyed. The local area lends itself well to creek crawling and we're keen to keep the lifting keel element in our next boat. The photos below are on a trip to Morwellham Quay, towards the top of the Tamar, where we sometimes dry out in a mud dock before camping. Lindsay has a background of racing, so we also like the idea that Seal and Parker boats sail well.

We're looking to buy a larger boat to extend our range and to make overnight trips more comfortable / avoid the need to find a campsite we can moor up near. We're keen to buy a boat that we keep long-term, and as the girls get older we're thinking that the forecabin on a Parker 31 would be ideal for being comfy for two teenagers. Graham and Jennie kindly showed us around their 275 and we would love a 275, although we think the girls would eventually grow out of the forecabin.

I have spoken with Tom Flatau who has his Parker 31 for sale in France and she is definitely of interest. We were hoping though to view a 31 more locally to get a better sense of the class before travelling so far to see that one in particular.

I wondered if anyone would be able to show us around a Parker 31 at some point please? We are based in Saltash, although happy to travel. We also have family in Falmouth and Hythe near Southampton, so could combine trips in those directions as well if that fits at all.

If anyone is considering putting their 31 up for sale, we would be very interested to talk with you. We'd give the boat a lovely home and she would be much loved and used.

Finally, I guess if anyone fancies trading down to a pleasant lifting keel day boat- then we have our lovely Souwester 18 with an excellent Bramber road trailer that could be a part exchange.

Anyway, I hope to meet people at events over the season and it would be great to hear from anyone in the interim as well.

Best wishes

Gareth

07896 713 058

gareth.veal@gmail.com

IMG-20210612-WA0007.jpeg

Click to View Image8 View(s)

IMG-20210612-WA0005.jpeg

Click to View Image7 View(s)

IMG-20210613-WA0003.jpeg

IMG-20210612-WA0003.jpeg