DirkB
  • DirkB
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2022-08-27T18:35:55Z
Against all knowledge I ask if anybody knows if a cockpit seat can be obtained? Today I lost mine after I forgot to lock it after cleaning the transom of the boat. It sank to to a depth of 5 meter on a choppy IJsselmeer at >5 Bft. Within 2 seconds was out of sight on its way to the bottom 😩
MartinH
2022-08-28T13:31:22Z
What a frustrating experience.

When Parkers closed, the moulds for the 325/335 went to Fosdyke Marine. I don't think they ever used them and I believe they tried to sell them last year. It is unlikely but just possible that they could help.

Fosdyke Yacht Haven

Main Road

Fosdyke Bridge

Boston

Lincolnshire PE20 2DB

Email: david@fosdykeyachthaven.co.uk

Telephone: +44 (0) 1205 260 240

Mobile: 07768 817272

Fax: +44 (0) 1205 260 400

Good luck

Martin

DirkB
  • DirkB
2022-08-28T19:51:57Z
Thank you for this suggestion Martin. I will do so tomorrow. I know the chances are small, but it is worth trying.

Kind regards,

Dirk Bakkeren

DirkB
  • DirkB
2022-09-08T08:49:05Z
Dear Martin,

Thanks again for your suggestion to contact David Parkinson from Fosdyke Yacht Haven. I did so and yesterday evening he called me. Indeed they have all the moulds of the Parkers 325/335 (and I believe also the 275 family). The smaller moulds are stored in a 24ft container. He asked me to send a picture of the transom seat, even though he had in mind what it looked like. Fortunately I already had many photos of the boat before this accident.

When he has found the proper mould he will make a new transom seat.

So I may be very lucky after all.

It also proves how useful this PSSA forum is, and how helpful its members are!

DirkB
  • DirkB
2023-05-16T16:48:00Z
Well I have to head to plan B after all.

David Parkinson and his colleague from Fosdyke Yacht Haven finally emptied the sea container containing the smaller moulds of the Parker 325/335 and I think also the 275. Regretfully the mould of the helmsman ‘hump’ seat was not among the moulds. Bruce Parkers was said to be amazed it was not present.

Plan B is to have a company called PolyNautic, based in Woudsend, The Netherlands, were my Surprise is based, to make a replacement seat. They are specialized in one-of-a-kind GRP products. They have seen pictures of the boat with the seat and indicated that it would be no problem to make such a replacement seat.

Luckily this company is close by.

I will bring Surprise to them next Sunday so they can take all necessary measurements.

… to be continued

DirkB
  • DirkB
2023-06-23T12:12:13Z
As of today Surprise is equipped with a new helmsman ‘hump’ seat. It was recreated from the photos I had and by taking measurements at the boat itself. The semi-wood will be attached by a shipswright when he will replace all the wood panels in the cockpit, including the cockpit floor.

img_5040.jpeg

Click to View Image2 View(s)

img_5042.jpeg

Click to View Image2 View(s)

Mike Baldwin
2023-06-27T20:25:11Z
It looks very good, and what a smart boat you will have when you finish all the work. You must come to the Solent next year to show Surprise off.