Ken Surplice
2022-10-02T12:29:36Z

When looking to replace my almost empty bottle of Marine 16 diesel bug treatment, I noticed that the company offers two products:

- diesel bug treatment: for preventing or eradicating microbial contamination known as Diesel Bug.

- diesel fuel complete: multi-function treatment to maintain quality of stored fuel, keep it clean and prevent growth of Diesel Bug.

Both products prevent the bug and I noticed that the 'treatment' costs much less than the 'fuel complete'. Should I save some pennies and choose the 'treatment'? I wrote to the company and received a very helpful and clear response which might interest you.

"If all that you wish to do is prevent diesel bug then you can certainly switch to Diesel Bug Treatment.

However I would really try and encourage you to stick with the DFC.

DFC contains the preventative dose of DBT plus the ongoing treatment dose of Diesel Injector Cleaner. In addition the DFC contains other active ingredients to help overcome the issues with Biodiesel which is becoming far more of a problem in fuel rather than bug. Finally it contains a cetane improver which will help overcome the issues associated with aging fuel.

So in summary - just to treat Bug use DBT but for all round protection and treatment of your fuel use Diesel Fuel Complete"

As you would expect, as I love my little Yanmar engine I'm still using the more expensive of the two products 😊.

Ken
philip linsell
2022-10-04T16:27:19Z
Ken

I have been adding "Fuel set" by Liquid Engineering Ltd in to rascal's diesel tank for several years without any problems. As the adding rate is 10ml to 40ltrs of fuel it will be several more years before I need to buy more.

I don't know how it compares to your but it has been working for me.

Philip Linsell

Superseal 26 rascal