PeterDann
2023-01-09T15:35:09Z
Happy New Year all. A quick question this but I wondered if anyone had any specific antifoul recommendations for the cooler and clearer waters of the West Coast and Islands which is where I hope Blue Moon will be spending most of the next couple of summers?

My current thinking is Hard Racing on the basis that I can scrub off without scrubbing it off as it were, should do two seasons, and when I get back to the balmy microbe-infested waters of Chichester Harbour I can overcoat with the usual trusty Shogun.

But before I do, would any lucky dog who keeps their boat north of the border like to advise me for or against?

Many thanks

Peter

Peter Dann

Blue Moon 325/32

Martin Watson
2023-01-28T22:56:24Z
Hi Peter, slightly off-topic, but I am intending to sail around Britain this year, starting in early April and taking about 4 1/2 months. Have decided to go clockwise after discussions with a fellow boater who also did it solo about five years back and who also went over to Eastern Ireland, as I intend to do as well. When are you intending to set off? I am just having my boat re-Coppercoated in preparation so we'll see how she stands up to the trip. I'm hoping to go completely around (over the top of Scotland) if the conditions are favourable hence another reason to go clockwise.
Martin Watson
PeterDann
2023-01-29T17:45:14Z
Hi Martin

This could develop into the Wacky Races as John Clack is also heading round this year! You will probably be ahead of me as I am planning to leave soon after Easter so probably a week or two after you, and have the luxury of two seasons so intend to slow down as soon as I am round Lands End. John I think is leaving a little later still. But don't be surprised if we're all holed up in Newlyn at the end of April waiting for the wind to change...

Do drop me an email if you'd like to share plans/ideas: peter-dann@outlook.com.

Cheers

Peter

Peter Dann

Blue Moon 325/32

Turnstone
2023-01-29T18:21:13Z
Hi Everyone, we are also planning to start this year, but at a much more gentle pace. We are travelling overseas in April and May, then joining the 50th anniversary events on the East Coast to kick ourselves off. Heading clockwise over the next few years. There's just so much to see and do, so doubt we shall not catch up in Newlyn - regardless of how long you are all waiting for windows. It's great to know there is such an interest in going around. Best wishes to all,

Anne and Dennis

Arenaria P325/21

Anne & Dennis Kell Arenaria 325/21
johniow
PeterDann