PaulBurton
2007-11-17T19:04:53Z
Can anyone tell me when next years fixtures will be announced ???

Would like to attend some events and don't want to clash with my own clubs events ......

Thanks

Paul Burton.

Parker 235/ 40 Lady Penelope...

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362
Don Harvey
2007-11-22T15:08:44Z
The provisional programme for 2008 is now available.

http://www.sealasc.org.uk/Events_and_rallies.htm 

Regards
Don Harvey
Web Master

Regards
Don Harvey
PaulBurton
2007-11-24T21:35:43Z
Is it just me or does the events list seem very south coast biased ???

Apart from the Rutland event is there any sailing event not on the south coast ?

Paul Burton.

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362
Gilliane Sills
2007-11-25T14:29:39Z
I agree - there is a lot happening on the South coast, especially in the Solent - I guess we're really lucky to have such active organisers, especially Peter Lowry, with Phil Walden and Ken Surplice too. They really do a fantastic job, and lots of boats get to the events...

Gilliane

Miss Fidget, Super Seal 26, no. 69
Delphine, Parker 275, no. 41
PaulBurton
2007-11-25T17:24:41Z
If a new owner or even an existing owner who is not a PSSA member sees the fixtures list it doesn't encourage them to join unless they are south coast based. Okay there are other advantages of being a member but it's not encouraging for us "UP NORTH"

Paul Burton.

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362
2007-11-26T08:15:36Z
Looks like you'd better get organising a Northern event then Paul!

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"
Don Harvey
2007-11-26T16:00:01Z
quote:
Originally posted by PaulBurton

If a new owner or even an existing owner who is not a PSSA member sees the fixtures list it doesn't encourage them to join unless they are south coast based. Okay there are other advantages of being a member but it's not encouraging for us "UP NORTH"

Paul - you can always contact your area rep (John Dinwiddy) or the new Trailer/Sailer rep (Graham Ebb) and suggest some events. There's nothing preventinmg you from organising something - but make your suggetions to the committee first.

Regards
Don Harvey
Web Master

Regards
Don Harvey
Graham Ebb
2007-11-27T16:26:01Z
Hi Paul,

You are not alone in your thoughts about us up north. But I think it is down to us to take the initiative. As Don has just mentioned I have been appointed the Trailer/Sailor Rep, and I am looking to organise one or two events.

The Rutland Water event has just been given approval for next year and I will be finalising the details as soon as I can. If you or any one else who attended the rally last year, has any suggestions on the format for the weekend, please let me know.

I have also thought about organising a Trailer / Sailor rally, possibly taking our boats to the Solent for a week or two in the summer. Perhaps meeting up with some of the south coast boats at same time.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions please let me know.

Graham Ebb
Blue Jazz 235/25
PaulBurton
2007-11-27T17:34:06Z
I did enjoy the Rutland event very much and am looking forward to 2008's event. I did feel it was a bit of a sales weekend for Parkers (without them having a boat there) but then again Parkers did supply us with a great evening meal and we all enjoy talking to others about how good our boats are. Making it a 3 day event to inc. either the Friday or Monday would be good, maybe a BBQ on the extra night. I know a few of us went Friday afternoon but a full day would be good. A few extra traveling 235's or 21's would be even better.

I like the idea of a trailer sailor meeting. I know what it's like trying to organise these sort of events and then nobody turns up.

So far for next year I am planning to attend the PSSA RIOW race, I am planning 8days on the North Norfolk coast in Aug.
I am also thinking of doing the 3 river race on the Norfolk Broads at the begining of June.

Anyone is welcome to join us in Aug on the Norflok Coast.

Paul Burton.

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362
peter lowry
2007-11-28T13:10:29Z
Hello Graham
Congrats Graham on your new position as our Trailer/sailor area rep.

Graham
Please have a closer look at the programme for next year and see that we have deliberately places the Trimbells Quay Rally on the Beaulieu River to co-inside with the start of a 2 week cruise in a generally westerly direction

We would not plan to go any further west that Weymouth and would explore lots of places En route there and back

This was done to also try to encourage as many trailer/sailors to join in to get a bit of southern hospitality (so to speak)

lets work together to promote this from an early outset,
i will bring it up at the AGM in Feb and through the web - albeit a little early now but it will give people time to think and plan next years trip

Peter Lowry
Solent Area Rep