Stephen Godber
2008-02-04T11:40:09Z

Hi everyone - sorry I've been absent from the Forum for the last month.

Those of you who read my articles about our 235 "Exodus" last year may remember that my wife Berenice missed our initial launch in Tobermory because she had a "bad back".

Unfortunately that was an understatement, as she has now been in hospital in Glasgow for a month having been diagnosed with cancer. This has spread from her breast to her spine, ribs, pelvis and lungs. They say it is incurable.

So all I want to say to everyone is make the most of what you have whilst you have it, and for those of you given to prayer please feel free to join many others in filling God's in-tray with petitions - we are working on the principle of pester power!

[img]UserPostedImage[/img]

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"
John Elliott
2008-02-05T09:49:50Z
Stephen,

Desparately sorry to hear your news. Having just been disgnosed with significant prostate cancer & waiting to go under the knife, I have some inkling of what you are both going through.

I have been reminding myself of the ads Peter Poland of Hunter Boats used to run--" Life is not a dress rehearsal".

My thoughts are with you both.

John.

275/30 "Cascada"
275/30 "Cascada"
Tim Reeder
2008-02-05T20:10:31Z
Stephen

I am so so sorry to hear of bad news.

I am sure you will both be strong as we all sail on together.

I had a reprieve from this sort of thing many years ago and can appreciate your difficult time.

My very best wishes.

Tim Reeder
kate.hattersley
2008-02-17T08:05:00Z
Stephen and Berenice,
Thinking of you both at this difficult time and hope the support of your friends and fellow sailors will help you. I learned this lesson when I had a major car crash at the age of 27 and was lucky to survive. I'll willingly add to the prayers! Best wishes from Kate in Topsham

Kate
Kate
John Williams
2008-02-20T11:57:02Z
Both Nesta and myself have direct experience of cancer and are so sorry to hear this news. Our prayers are with you both.

John Williams
275/60 CRYSTAL
John Williams
GWENLLI
Beneteau 323
Stephen Godber
2008-03-07T17:29:18Z

Many thanks John, Tim, Kate, John & Nesta - Berenice is making amazing progress, she is up and about most days and even walking without crutches now! We're off to Glasgow in 10 days to see the surgeon and the oncologist for an update.

So grateful for your thoughts and prayers - the results are tangible.

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"

Stephen Godber
235/51 "Exodus"