John Williams
2008-05-12T08:38:44Z
I've removed my genoa halyard from the diverter.
It is working much better now the pull on the luff and the top swivel is in the right direction now and it is all working very well. Much easier to furl now. The pic shows how it now is.

IMG]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh130/johnw_b12/Withoutdivert.jpg[/IMG]

John Williams
275/60 CRYSTAL
John Williams
GWENLLI
Beneteau 323
John Elliott
2008-05-12T21:01:22Z
John,

The angle looks fine to me. Well done. I may need to follow your lead ( no pun intended!).
Did you manage to sort the Windex while you were up the mast?

275/30 "Cascada"
275/30 "Cascada"
John Williams
2008-05-13T08:34:18Z
Hi John

I think it was Charles with the windex problem. I didn't have to go up the mast. I tied a boat hook to the spinnaker halyard and snagged it with that pulling a line back through the diverter in case it didn't work out and had to rethread the genoa halyard. I've since pulled out the line as it works fine and I feel much happier with it now.

John Williams
275/60 CRYSTAL
John Williams
GWENLLI
Beneteau 323
kate.hattersley
2008-06-19T23:23:49Z
I notice you still have the spinnaker halyard led through the hoop though. I have finally removed mine again after two changes of heart as the shackle got stuck while racing to Dartmouth and we couldnt lower the spinnaker. Next winter I will rethread it with a parrel bead on the halyard to stop it jamming. Anyone else had trouble with this?

Kate
Kate
John Williams
2008-07-18T14:47:40Z
Hi Kate

I haven't had any spinnaker halyard jamming problems with my present setup but I never pull it tight to the mast so it shouldn't ever happen. I may try it the way you have it to get a bit more height up the mast as I use a snuffer which causes the spinnaker to fly a bit lower than normal.

John Williams
275/60 CRYSTAL
John Williams
GWENLLI
Beneteau 323