David Tilley
2013-08-27T18:27:56Z
Just came back from a 2 week cruise from our home port of Topsham down the coast towards Cornwall. A bit too much motor cruising for the true sailor but the wind was light and in the wrong direction most of the time for ports of call to be reached in time for SWMBO to do the obligatory shops in Dartmouth and Salcombe etc. Anyway the purpose of this post is the unlikely coincidence we had on returning down river from Totnes when we sighted a Super Seal 26 on a pontoon near Noss Marina on the Dart. It was in fact Naseem, and although I suspect she had undergone a refit since I last saw her, she was the first Super Seal I had seen when we were first looking for our "next boat". We had travelled over to Clarke & Carter on the East coast for their annual used boat show in October 2008/9 and met the then owner on board who had sailed her far and wide including a trip to St Petersburg (Russia not Florida). We did not have the funds at the time and had to wait a couple of years to purchase Team Spirit but we were so struck by the owners enthusiasm (he was selling to buy a new Parker) I'm sure it eliminated any other pretenders from our wish list!

David Tilley

David Tilley