Don Harvey
2007-01-04T11:03:52Z
John

note your 'pub supper at Bucklers Hard'.

Actually we keep our Parker 325 in the marina at Bucklers Hard so perhaps we could meet up when you next visit (Peter included).

Perhaps a quick sail if you have the time.

At present we do have another Parker 325 on the hard standing owned by a Graham Lindsay who is currently in Bahrain where he also has a Seal 22.

Actully I am surprised how many Seals there seem to be in the Middle East - perhaps we should organise a rally there.

Regards

Don

Regards

Don Harvey

peter lowry
2007-01-04T12:37:07Z
quote:
Originally posted by Spiller

Peter,

Checked out the photo of Cleo. Should you be walking around the deck without being clipped on ?

I usually do the New Forest in the last week of July, before moving up to N Wales on our "Granny hopping" tour of the UK (Any Seals there ?)

We nearly always have a pub supper at Bucklers Hard while in the Forest. Certainly did last time. A pint, or three, and a natter would be most enjoyable

My main mission, whilst in the area, is to visit chandlers and blow cash on unnecessary boaty paraphernalia which, while in the holiday mood, are all more than justified.

How long have you ownedd Cleo? What type of engine?

John

Antar

peter lowry
2007-01-04T12:49:40Z
Hi John

You are right, i should be clipped on but as in Solent and crew aboard tend not to-But always when sailing solo as auto helm won't come back !

Cleo is one of the first built, she had a transon hung outboard when new and the owner fitted a yanmar Gm 7.5 hp inboard diesel in 1984 which is original and runs very well (touch wood)

We are the second owners of Cleo and have had her 5 years before that a seal 22 also for 5 years but bought bigger as family growing

my wife Jenny, Alex 13 and Robert 8.

we gererally potter in the solent for weekends and halfterm school weeks we cruise between Weymouth and Chichester and had a few weeks last summer in France and Channel Islands

I am the sailor with family learning.

Alex and I race on "Ard Righ " Seal 26 number 67 in the Off seaoson.

Yes would be great to meet up in Beaulieu for a pint as also mentioned by Don Harvey

For the association it would be great to track down as many "un-members" and get them to join so as to fill in the blanks in the association Hand book ?

see you in the summer

Peter

peter lowry
2007-01-05T11:59:08Z
Hello John

ref your recent joining of the association

please note that as an owner of a seal or parker yacht you are a full member whether boat has a lift OR fixed keel

welcome !

Peter