chris nichols
2008-02-25T18:27:12Z
I am in the process of refurbishing Parker 27 no136 and want to buy a new sprayhood with back door (like the 235's have). Can anyone give me ideas on makers of these- I need the whole sheebang, frame and all.
Thanks
ChrisN
John Elliott
2008-02-26T09:51:52Z
Hi Chris,

I am presently having a new sprayhood, complete with "back door" from Suffolk Sails, hard by the TideMill in Woodbridge.

I think any competent canvasmaker should be able to do it as the door is only a plain shaped piece of fabric which zips into the inside back edge of the hood.( mine will in fact have a window and blind!). The extra cost is about £80, so it can't be a major exercise.

BTW how's the trailer going?

275/30 "Cascada"
275/30 "Cascada"
Geoff Harwood
2008-02-26T17:00:52Z
I enquired about a new sprayhood for my 21 from Sanders - given the frame and the old one as a pattern. They quoted £450 or thereabouts. Does that sound sensible bearing in mind no metalwork and old one as pattern? I declined and will replace stitching as required - and maybe steep it in OxyAction.
chris nichols
2008-02-27T08:29:22Z
Hi folks,
John, the trailer is great and the boat is at home right next to the workshop so access is really easy.
Geoff, thanks for that price indicator - seems in right order of magnitude.
My first problem is to decide where the hood should pivot on the coach roof as the gap between the clutches and the coach roof grab handles is very tight and the old P27 hood I have borrowed fouls the clutches.
Has anyone experience of the Martex three hoop cover?
Regards, ChrisN
kate.hattersley
2008-03-11T09:04:32Z
My spray hood came from Chris Scanes of Sails and Canvas on Topsham Quay. Very smart grey with red trim. It attaches outside the clutches along the edge of the cabin roof with two stainless hoops. This means all lines can be adjusted from under the spray hood, great when raining! Also pops down quickly for racing. I think it was about £400 two years ago.

Kate
Kate