Chris B
2009-07-23T11:25:33Z
quote:
Originally posted by John Elliott

Would the cascade not be over deck? Or is there not enough space between the turning block/deck organiser and the cleat?

275/30 "Cascada"

Just thought i would share this - i can now raise my keel by hand from the cockpit quite easily. I have 2x 6:1 tackle arrangements both bottom fixings to the keel and tops to the lid. In addition on the lid i have an upright; so the line (8mm) goes from a becket on a triple through a 6:1, through the upright and then to the 2nd 6:1, which actually makes 13:1. To keep friction to a minimum (and it is having an effect) i have all ball bearing blocks and the line is good quality. The only thing i would change is to go for a lesser diameter line, 6/7mm to reduce friction further. I know this lot is quite costly (but all came from ebay) but where i sail the keel's up an down like a hawes.....

Any comments?

ChrisB

Geoff Harwood
2009-07-23T19:39:18Z
Any chance of a picture or diagram. Your description has made my brain hurt!

I don't think there would be room for 2 triple blocks in the keel cutout.

Presumably you have 39 feet of rope in your cockpit when the keel's up! How do you stow that!

Geoff Harwood 21/30 Cygnus

Chris B
2009-07-24T18:29:30Z
The system wont let me cut and paste photos???

i use 38mm sheaves, there is room in the box (without the 2 tackles binding) and i have 18m total of line(11 in the cockpit) but not in the way becasue i dont sail with the keel up!

Let me know if anyone would like a couple of photos, but would need your email address

GeoffTurner
2009-07-26T10:48:58Z
Photos from Chris:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Geoff

Parker 21 / 18 Dawn