Paul Morris
2008-09-04T08:00:49Z
I put 30 metres of new chain on my anchor last Friday and moused the shackles. It looked a much safer option than the 5 metres of chain and 25 metres of warp, ready for the first rope cutter to chop through, (as nearly happened once). We left Christchurch on Sunday morning after two evenings at CSC, (It was very relaxing, with the weather picking up slightly), and sailed out to watch Bournmouth Air Show.

I anchored just off Boscombe Pier. This ended up to be a perfect postion, as it was right at the end of the planes run, so they where swooping down very close to us. Close enough to see the pilots.

All was going well then all the boats around us started to move, Oh no it was us. I got Zoe to start the engine and motor forwards as I pulled the anchor up to reset it.

But that was a slight problem, as now all I had was 25 metres of chain. All I can assume is that there must of been an unwelded link, so watch where you buy your chain from.

So to the problem. I did have a 25lb CQR (I think) which fitted comfortably into my anchor locker on Black Jack. I was hoping to buy a 10kg Delta in replacement but don't know whether it will fit. Does any one know or could advise on something different.

Thank You Paul

Gilliane Sills
2008-09-24T22:10:36Z
Paul

Soon after we bought Miss Fidget, we looked at the possibility of fitting a 10kg Delta into her anchor locker, but, after measuring it, though without trying it, we decided that it wouldn't fit. Instead we kept the 20lb CQR anchor that she had, and replaced the rather short chain and rode with 20m of 8mm chain, spliced to 20m of 12mm multiplait. Since then, we've spent a couple of days and nights anchored in Poole Harbour in winds regularly gusting Force 8 on our windspeed indicator, and we stayed firmly put. We now feel a bit more confident - though that doesn't stop me waking up during the night when we're anchored and only being able to get back to sleep again after I've checked our bearings to make sure we haven't dragged!

Gilliane

Miss Fidget, Super Seal 26, no. 69

Delphine, Parker 275, no. 41
AntonyGifford
2011-01-17T18:38:05Z
To save me a process of trial and error does anybody have a view on the biggest anchors that fit in the well/locker on our new SS26? We need to buy another anchor anyway as the boat only came with one, and the insurance company require us to carry a kedge/spare. It looks like we have a 7kg CQR at the moment which seems a little on the small side.

Obviously we could just buy a small kedge and make sure we have lots of chain on both.

Thanks,

Antony

Chris Turner
2011-01-17T20:05:15Z
Page 2 on the P27/275/285 section of the forum

What size Bower anchor on a P27?

May be of use re anchors for a 26?

Chris. Elsa 26 (103)