peter lowry
2009-04-14T14:00:41Z
SAT 2nd
LW=1115hrs and HW= 1900hrs
Elephant Boatyard at the top of Hamble River(arrive After 1330hrs as then Cleo will be on station and enough water to moor up.
Plans-Inflate Dinghy and motor upstream under the M27 to the Country park and have a BBQ (local Pub if it Rains)ITS ABOUT A MILE OR SO SO BRING ENOUGH PETROL
SUN 3rd
Depart early and head downstream and raft up on "Cleo's" mooring and enjoy a leisurely Breakfast and head up the Medina River to Newport
evening meal in local hostelry
Please let me know your plans to notify the "Elephant Boatyard" and Newport HM.
nigel walbank
2009-04-30T13:56:47Z
Hi Peter, Liz and I hope to join you at Newport Sun pm
Nigel P21 Breeze
peter lowry
2009-04-30T17:23:20Z
UPDATE Thurs 30th April

The weather does not look to bad so hopefully we all will go to plan

For those joining us at the Elephant, carry on up stream past the Jolly Sailor Pub, towards the New Force 4 Chandler's until you see the old Itchen river Barge -tucked innon your left- and Parker 275 "VOL Au Vent"(flying a banner). Head towards her and turn LEFT into the Elephant Pontoons( turning right will put you onto Deacons pontoons.)"Cleo" will be somewhere there - basically the yard have said find a empty spot and park up ! you will then be heading upstream into the tide

If the weather is poor we will either head to the "Jolly Sailor" or the "Spinnaker" pub and have a pub meal

My mobile is 07528425377 and will be at the Elephant from 1300hrs onwards
look forward to seeing you

Peter
peter lowry
2009-04-30T17:39:30Z
Plan B if Saturday BBQ does not happen !

Please keep your BBQ food and we will have one on the banks of the Medina river on Sunday evening (probably where we BBQ at the Rock festival)
Peter