john carroll
2010-10-31T21:42:49Z
Hi all, I am looking to find the hull ID number and sail number for a Superseal I have recently purchased from Ireland any advise would be gratefully received............Thanks
peter lowry
2010-11-01T19:18:30Z
Hi John

I am from Ireland originally and now living in the UK, also a Superseal owner

Welcome to the parker and seal sailing association

Which superseal did you buy
Peter Lowry
Vice commodore.
john carroll
2010-11-01T22:40:47Z
Hi Peter Thanks for the reply, She is called 'Impression' Sail No.IRL 319 I purchased her from Brendan Watchorn in Howth and sailed her back to Colwyn Bay in September...... She was advertised on Appollo Duck sheis in fair condition for her age well equipped and handles great. I cannot read the HIN on the metal plate attached to the inside cockpit transom....I was told she was built in 1981 but not sure I could do with a HIN to register her in the UK. I have some history with her and lots of reciepts. She was owned in the 90's by Paul & Michael Arthers from Malahide I think they might have changed the name from 'Charrdonay' and she might have been registered in the UK previous to that the no. GBR 8894 is mentioned but again I am not sure if it applies to this boat......Any Information I can find would be really useful. Thanks John
peter lowry
2010-11-02T12:36:02Z
Hi John
I took a former seal 22 owner to Ireland to look at seal 26s about 3 years ago and we looked at Impression-- back then she was stripped out for club racing in Howth---- but i guess the previous owners have put the interior back together

I believe she will be one of the earlier numbers 1 to 50 ish as her cockpit sides are square the mould was tweaked a little to a slopped deck to make more comfortable when healing after about 51 or 52

Geoff Harwood is our technical guy and he has almost all info on Seals and Parker's ever built and their owners IF they were members.
This boat may never have joined as it may have gone to Ireland when originally sold out of the factory and therefore we may not know its true identity
Geoff may be able to give you a number of an early 26 that was never listed which perhaps you could adopt !
sorry not more info

enjoy your new boats and perhaps we may meet up at some rally
(AGM in Rutland in Feb)

Peter Lowry
CLEO superseal 26 # 21
Geoff Harwood
2010-11-02T14:25:17Z
I have the list that John Baker and Denis Fastnedge compiled at the time and I have Sail number 15 called "Impression". The hull number will probably be similar - JB wasn't very good at keeping the numbers in step. No 1 was built in 1978 and No 96 in 1982 so I would put yours in 1979 or 1980.

It was sold to T Goulding, c/o D Mullaney, 2 New Street, Malahide, Co Dublin. They may have been agents. Subsequently it has been owned by A Talbot of Sutton, Dublin 13 (1980) Q Gargan of Kylemore, Dublin 10 (1989).

There doesn't seem to be any record of Charrdonay (or Chardonnay) or the numbar GBR 8894 connected with this boat.

Geoff Harwood Tech Librarian