Ola
  • Ola
  • Member Topic Starter
2011-04-17T20:57:27Z
Hi,

When I lay my P27 up for winter I lifted my keel out of the box to be able to do some repair and clean out old grease from the keelbox. I kept the keel under my boat. Now someone has stolen it! I have the boat at a very large marina and thefts are not uncommon. But usually either small things, tools, instruments etc. But someone obviously wanted a Parker keel ( or more likely, someone wanted what they thougt was a large piece of metal).

So now I need some help!

Has anyone got a spare keel lying around? (not likely, I know...)

Has anyone got drawings of the keel?

Has anyone been through the process of building/ordering a new keel so you can give me an idea of the cost etc?

Has anyone got a picture of the full keel when lifted out of the keelbox? (I could use that to send to companies in the area that deals in scrap metal)

As you can understand I'm really upset by this.

Regards,

Ola

P27 / 144

P27 / 144
kate.hattersley
2011-04-30T09:00:52Z
Ola that is dreadful! [:(]

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to know that the keel has been stolen for scrap metal and it will cost so much time and effort to replace for you.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Kate

Kate
Ola
  • Ola
  • Member Topic Starter
2011-05-03T19:35:20Z
Thanks Kate,

I have been talking to Bruce Parker and while he doesn't have the drawings for the original keel he can make a P-285 keel. I will not be able to raise it completely but I never dry out anyhow. So it seems hopeful. Remains to get a quotation from BP Sailboats and get a go ahead from my insurance company. And wait for delivery which of course will take some time.

Regards,

Ola

P27 / 144

P27 / 144