ARRussell
2011-12-12T21:12:57Z
Adding my recommedation of Kemp Sails to others on this forum: I have just bought a new mainsail, having obtained quotes and discussed details with several well-known British lofts. I found Kemp Sails to be most helpful and willing to answer my detailed questions and explain cloth selection recommendations. In contrast, some other lofts were quite unresponsive. Moreover, after researching the sailcloth options, I found that cheaper cloths were being offered at 'premium' prices. Kemp's quote proved very competitive on price when I compared like for like.

I now have the sail and, although I won't be using it until next season, I have tried it for size. It looks a well-made, high-quality sail and I'm very pleased with it.

Anthony Russell
235/02 Sea Wyche
Anthony Russell
235/02 Sea Wyche
John Edwards
2011-12-13T15:12:06Z
My experience with Kemp Sails has also been very positive. I ordered a ‘Packaway’ system while I was at the Southampton Boat Show this year. Not the cheapest, but the quality looks superb. It needed a minor alteration, my fault, which they did, most helpful and at no charge. Just hope it works and lasts as well as it looks.

John
235/07 Diamond
John
235/07 Diamond
Ken Surplice
2012-04-15T18:55:16Z
Good idea to gather Kemp feedback into one forum thread. We were delighted with sail stacker and sprayhood Kemp made for us, not to mention the friendly service and advice en route.

Ken Surplice
Commodore
Ken
Paul Bowman
2012-04-29T09:31:56Z
I have always used Kemps because of the price and the service. I bought their one piece stackaway system and have been very pleased with it. Just waiting for my new cruising chute to be finished. They are even better now, since sails can be deposited and collected from Gosport.

Paul

235/17 Kinkajou
Paul

Hunter Pilot 27, GiGi
(ex 235 owner)