geoff.sheddick
2012-04-27T16:44:25Z
Is anyone able to tell me from practical experience whether a 10kg Delta anchor [or even a 6kg Delta] will fit in the anchor locker of my P27? [which I assume is the same size as on a SS26/27}.
I have taken careful measurements of the locker, and compared them with the manufacturer's published dimensions, but am still not confident that the depth will be adequate - Depth is the dimension that concerns me because the fixed head Delta will need more depth than the swivelling head CQR anchor for which the locker was designed....

Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'
Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'
Paul Morris
2012-04-28T09:08:44Z
I've got a 6kg Delta copy on my SS26, and it just fits in the locker. But I'm not very happy with it and will return to a CQR or change the Bow Fitting, so thats where it lives.A proper 6Kg Delta might be ok. Hope that helps Paul Morris
Paul Morris
2012-04-28T09:10:27Z
I ment to say so a 10kg can live on the bow roller.
geoff.sheddick
2012-04-28T09:44:30Z
Thanks, Paul - that's very helpful.

What is it that has made you want to change from the 6kg Delta copy?

And what sort of rode are you using with it?

I'm currently thinking 20m x 8mm chain spliced to 3 strand nylon, because I have a manual anchor windlass with rope/chain gypsy designed for that combination.

I'd try a Kobra if it wasn't for the fact that it is the larger, nyloc bolted, Kobra 2s that have won the accolades rather than the smaller collapsible Kobra 1s.

Any other views, anyone? (Given that my own preference is for a branded anchor that can be stowed in the anchor locker, & that I already have a Danforth flat fluke kedge).

Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'
Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'
Paul Morris
2012-04-28T12:53:09Z
I've got a 6kg delta copy now. Anchored off bournemouth for the Air Festival a few years ago, I lost my CQR anchor, and just went into Poole and bought another one quickly. I bought a Delta because the boat I had before had one and it always dug in quickly and held fast. Saying that, I never had a problem ever with the CQR, and I've anchored in some pretty bad conditions.
The Delta copy on the other hand is about as good as a bucket. It will never dig in and just drags. If it does dig in, it holds well, but you'll be there all night trying.
I was going to buy a proper Delta but was concerned it would be no different to the one I have. Therefore the options were another CQR in the locker or changing the stemhead fitting to accomadate a 10kg delta and my mooring line. Cheers Paul
Tim Reeder
2012-04-28T15:24:24Z
Paul Geoff

I have a cheap and cheerful Danforth on my 275. I had a CQR originally but it let me down. The Danforth has been very reliable and fits in the locker - just! I can let you know the size.

Cheers

Tim
geoff.sheddick
2012-04-28T15:43:58Z
Hi Tim
Thanks for the offer to check the size but no need, as I'm planning to keep my 9kg Danforth™ Hi-Tensile as a kedge/sand anchor so want to stick with something different and pointed for my bower.
sincerely

Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'
Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'