Finbarr
2013-09-15T19:51:57Z
Hello,

New member here, just purchased a Parker 21, Sail no 21 'holdfast', am very pleased with it and I am just doing some work before launch. When I bought it, it came from a very nice chap, who never sailed it, and as I bought it in 'flat packed' state I have never seen the rigging up. Also, the photo-copied manual I have is a really poor copy, just on the critical pages.

Should anybody have any photos of the boat rigging close up, or any of the mast being raised I will be eternally grateful as having moved up from a Laser 16, putting this mast up is a little daunting to say the least!

Will be sailing in Dittisham/Dartmouth from early next year if any of you are local or visit Devon.

e.mail for photos - finbarr_clare@hotmail.com

Thanks

Finbarr

Finbarr O'Reilly
Finbarr O'Reilly
Geoff Harwood
2013-09-16T12:16:20Z
I had P21/30 and I put the mast up and down each year for 12 years. Also I wrote most of the 21 Technical Manual. Unfortunately I didn't have anyone handy to photograph the procedure for getting the mast up and down but I did it single handed a couple of times, once afloat! I do have about a hundred pics of various details of the boat but chances are I don't have one of the bits you need!

Do you have Bill Parker's kit of bits (ropes, pulleys, snaphooks and the pole with a roller on top) and a spinnnaker pole? You really do need that stuff or it's close copy!

I've sent you an email with some pics you might find useful and a file of the manual which might be better than your photocopy!

Geoff Harwood ex P21/30 Cygnus
GeoffTurner
2013-09-16T17:03:54Z
I've uploaded a PDF of some pretty old instructions (1988?) from Bill Parker here . Haven't read them for a while - but they look fine!

I also found this letter  from Bill Parker to my father about how to get the maximum performance from the Parker 21 - unfortunately I've lost the last page. But useful reading!

Geoff

Parker 21 / 18 Dawn