Jon Stockton
2014-03-23T22:25:38Z
Finally got round to examining my aft keel roller. The axle is not a bolt like Jim's but appears to be a metal dowel. The hole is (or has become) oval. The roller is jammed solid. Has anyone come across this arrangement? The dowel appears well fixed, there was quite a bit of rusty steel/iron in the oval holes! not, I think, from the keel, suspended in grease.

Has anyone got the measurement for the stainless steel strips that hold the lower block to the keel? The arrangement on mine has been altered. The season gets closer, and like most years I am awash in outstanding jobs! I don't feel I've time to experiment. Any knowledge gratefully received. Jon
Geoff Harwood
2014-04-18T08:17:21Z
There's a pic of the steel straps that hold the lower block of the keel lift on Cygnus (21/30) in the thread "Keel rope" started by PaulBurton which is on page 3 of the Parker 21 section.

Here 
Jon Stockton
2014-04-21T16:50:04Z
Thanks Geoff. Mine had been modified so as to use the shackle on the block, rather than knock the pin out. Bolt bent! I have replaced the block, knocked the pin out, replaced it with a bolt and am awaiting some stainless bar which I will drill and fit as per your photo. It's the odd arrangement with the jammed rear keel roller that continues to bother me. It appears to be a dowel rather than a bolt and sees to have worn the hole in the nylon sliders in to an oval. It seems this wasn't a standard arrangement.

Thanks again,

Jon