Dave Jeeves
2014-12-18T13:02:45Z
Does anyone know the name and contact details of the original owner of Parker 93? Or does anyone know of a way to obtain proof of VAT paid status for a Parker built in 1997?

Have just returned from a short break in France and it would be nice to trail Sparky over there at some point in the future.

Any advice or info would be very gratefully received.

Dave
Parker 93 Sparky
Doug Rivers
2014-12-19T08:36:58Z
The vat document for my boat was a letter from Parker to the original owner confirming vat had been paid. I don't know if this was the standard Parker approach, it will be interesting to hear what documentation other owners have. Sorry this doesn't help you but at least you know one approach.
Dave Jeeves
2014-12-19T12:45:58Z
Hi Doug - Thank you for that. One avenue i did think of was to contact Parkers former accountants, but assume that would be costly as the sale was 17 years ago!

Dave
PeterL
2014-12-19T21:54:42Z
You might trace the name of the original or subsequent owners of Sparky by exploring either the 21 manual (assuming this contains queries and answers extracted from the newsletters) ,the newsletters themselves or old members handbooks.I am not sure who you would apply to for this - the membership secretary ? - or you could ask any other longstanding members who have owned a 21 from a an early date.

Peter

PS If it came with a trailer you could try the manufacturer,armed with the serial no.