Ken Surplice
2015-07-26T21:13:25Z
Unfortunately I needed to replace an in-hull transducer mid season. The folks doing the hull work suggested that I use the facilities at Shamrock Quay Marina on the River Itchen in Southampton. I am very glad I did. First, the team down there are really on the ball, combining skilled service with a warm and friendly manner. They really are a great bunch. I could go on for hours about how much I appreciated their help and company. Second, in these days of sky high craning at sky high prices, I found their mid season deal to be, relatively speaking, surprisingly good value if you don't have a cheap/free club crane. For just short of £19 per metre, you can be craned out on Friday afternoon and relaunched at 8am on Monday morning. This fee includes a power wash should you wish one. The boat stays in the straps and is stabilised by metal supports. You can choose how high you want to be. I elected to drop the keel fully to refresh parts of the keel that normal winter parking fails to reach. And if that wasn't enough, you'll be invited to help yourself to a Selection of anti foul paint that needs using up. Highly recommended.
Ken