HeathMason
2021-06-04T16:15:18Z
I need to find a new toe rail for the starboard side to match the port side one. I see from a post that SL Yachting Ltd based in Chichester are worth contacting. Thanks to whoever put that up. Any other ideas?

Does anyone know whether it is affixed with self-tapping screws or are they bolts? Rather hoping the former as getting to the nuts would be really hard, even for the professional boat repairers who will be doing the work.
Neil Sinclair
2021-06-05T18:41:49Z
Sorry to disappoint you, but the toe rail on my boat is secured with lots of 1/4 inch countersunk bolts. The good news is that you can get to most of the nuts, and those you can't ( where bulkheads are ) will most likely stay where they are until you need to put the bolts back!
Neil Sinclair
Seal 28/27
'Andiamo of Exe'
HeathMason
2021-06-07T14:28:58Z
Thank you Neil. I am indeed disappointed to read that they are bolts and not screws, but happy to read that the nuts don't fall into impossible voids.
Heath
Martin Watson
2021-06-20T11:58:37Z
I am assuming the Seals and Parker boats all used the same supplier for the toerails on all models in which case SL Yachting in Birdham, Chichester acquired all the dies for the various type of toerail from the original manufacturer when it went in administration. I had a new toe rail for my P27 about 5 years back and they produced it, albeit it comes undrilled and there was a two month wait whilst they waited for space at the anodising plant they use, (which I believe is only one near them that can handle a 10M length). If you need the holes in the correct positions and drilled before anodising, I guess you will have to remove the existing toerail and somehow get it over to them to match up. In theory, the spacing should be regular but you may find some odd spacings, possibly for extra fittings, and the spacing will be imperial, not metric. It comes as a straight 10M length but bending it around the hull is fairly straightforward with one person pulling it round as the other fixes the bolts as you go along. Start at the stern and finish at the bow where the least amount of curvature is required.
Martin Watson