PeterDann
2021-09-19T21:05:47Z
I do apologise for taking over this forum, I hope this is my last post for a while.

Having finally re-launched Blue Moon last week, polished and shiny as new with all her new kit and peculiar chainplates, I took her up to Itchenor for the weekend as I was doing my club duty. The first morning I got a call to say someone had been swept down tide onto her mooring. Unbelievable. Mercifully the pulpit bore the brunt of the collision but it is badly bent. I remember a post about there being pulpits for sale on eBay but can’t find anything.

Does anyone know if there is stock sitting around somewhere? Or perhaps who made the original?

Any help gratefully received. Thank you.

Peter
Peter Dann
Blue Moon 325/32
peter lowry
2021-09-20T07:09:03Z
Hi Peter.

I managed to find the pulpits for sale for the 275 and 325,,

I have sent the e bay link directly to your e-mail address,,

Hopefully you can open the link,

If any problems get back to me

Cheers
Peter Lowry
johniow
2021-09-25T16:06:18Z
Hello Peter,

Hopefully t'other Peter has solved your problem. If not, I can recommend a steel fabricator on the IoW who reshaped and rewelded my bent pulpit, also damaged at Itchenor, but mea culpa, and the victim of my assault was very understanding, and quite impressed that I owned up and reported it. More details if required.

Cheers, John
Nosey - Parker 325-26
PeterDann
2021-09-26T20:40:41Z
Thanks John yes I am off to Peterborough tomorrow to pick up a replacement. Our man in Boston has just a couple left I gather. Thanks for the offer of an introduction, I am sure it;s not the last piece of stainless I'll need!
Peter Dann
Blue Moon 325/32
PeterDann
2021-09-28T10:14:02Z
Final post on this topic and then I promise to leave the forum well alone. 'Our man in Boston' with the leftover pulpits and pushpits turned out to be none other than Bruce Parker. A treat to spend half an hour in a windy train station car park chatting about Parkers and Seals, and indeed 505s and 14s too. His fondness for and pride in the boats still absolutely shines through. He told me he has various bits and pieces and would welcome enquiries if anyone needs a piece of keel equipment for instance. I'm sure many of you knew this already. He did also say he plans to retire to somewhere near Fort William in the next year or so, I don't know how many spares he'll take with him. I've promised to call in when passing in 2023!
Peter Dann
Blue Moon 325/32
chris nichols
2021-09-29T14:17:16Z
Hi,
does anyone have a contact via email or ebay for Bruce Parker? - I'm looking for some spares for a 27.
rgds
Chris
PeterDann
2021-10-02T14:30:45Z
Bruce's eBay name is bigdaddybruce63; I couldn't get it to come up on a search so here is the pulpit ad which has his details:

eBay 

Peter Dann
Blue Moon 325/32