Simon Quantrill
2022-05-11T20:13:52Z
Hi, I am the proud new owner of Kerenza and I have nearly finished fitting her out for launching. I have removed my hydraulic ram and taken it to be over hauled as it has suffered some corrosion. Nothing serious but enough to want to get it sorted. I am keen to know the correct size/shape of the anode I need to purchase for a 325 please. I am not sure if the one I have is right. Plus, does anyone have any drawings of the keel design/construction please, beyond what is in the owner's manual? I am interested in knowing if the top of the keel unit/section that lives in the keel box is essentially hollow. Many thanks.
MartinH
2022-05-13T16:43:30Z
Hi Simon

The 325 keel is a hollow structure welded from 316 stainless steel. The forward edge is formed by a round bar and the trailing edge by a flat bar. Both of these are sandwiched between the curved outer skins.
Down the centre is a vertical "box" in which the ram lives.
The lead wing has a vertical section that extends up inside the stainless foil by about 500mm and is attached by socket head countersunk machine screws from either side.

I have some pictures of a 335 keel before it was installed but for some reason the website won't let me upload them.

Martin
MartinH
2022-05-13T16:48:26Z
Sorry - forgot about the anode.
On our 335 it's a Zineti short ring 35mm bolt on anode.
I assume it will be the same on the 325
Martin
Simon Quantrill
2022-05-17T07:28:09Z
Originally Posted by: MartinH 

Hi Simon

The 325 keel is a hollow structure welded from 316 stainless steel. The forward edge is formed by a round bar and the trailing edge by a flat bar. Both of these are sandwiched between the curved outer skins.
Down the centre is a vertical "box" in which the ram lives.
The lead wing has a vertical section that extends up inside the stainless foil by about 500mm and is attached by socket head countersunk machine screws from either side.

I have some pictures of a 335 keel before it was installed but for some reason the website won't let me upload them.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for your answer and information; all much appreciated. I will look your email address up and send you an email and hopefully you can share your photos with me too.
Simon Quantrill
2022-05-17T07:29:11Z
Hi Martin,

Thanks again.
PeterDann
2022-05-18T13:27:56Z
Hi Simon

I can confirm that the anode is the same on the 325 i.e. 35mm. I was treated to a DIY anode replacement workshop by Jan the previous owner and there is good advice on the forum about how to do it. I bought a standard 35mm ring anode which fits fine.

Good luck!
Peter
Peter Dann
Blue Moon 325/32
Simon Quantrill
2022-05-18T13:30:51Z
Originally Posted by: PeterDann 

Hi Simon

I can confirm that the anode is the same on the 325 i.e. 35mm. I was treated to a DIY anode replacement workshop by Jan the previous owner and there is good advice on the forum about how to do it. I bought a standard 35mm ring anode which fits fine.

Good luck!
Peter

Peter,
Many thanks for the info.