GeoffTurner
2019-04-10T06:18:02Z
Stuart Silcock, who owns P325 Uncle Ronnie is trying to get hold of a reel of the grey and red stripe that goes around the hull. He had a reel for minor repairs in 2005 which had the code 4219202 GS 11/3/05 but unfortunately this whole reel has become damaged at the edges.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
peter lowry
2019-04-10T13:45:38Z
Have a look at hutsons decals, they did all the Parker stripes and still can produce any amount size and colour
"Hutsons Parker decals" should get you there
Peter Lowry
Commodore
2019-04-10T18:42:42Z
Many thanks Peter.I will try Hutsons and let you know how I get on. Regards, Stuart Silcock.
2019-04-10T19:01:18Z
I have found what I wanted at Hutsons and ordered it. Thanks again Peter for your advice and Geoff for putting my enquiry on the forum.
PaulJ
2022-06-24T17:18:57Z
To bring this thread up to date, thanks to the posters, I have contacted Hutsons, who are still able to supply stripes and logos etc. I have bought a complete set for around £70 incl P&P etc. They look good quality and they arrived quickly. However getting the old stripes off is a real nail breaker of a job and requires great patience. I am using a hot air gun and a sharp plastic scraper, but great patience is needed.

By the way 3 rolls of stripes are needed! (Guess who didn't measure properly and ordered 2?)

Paul.
Martin Watson
2022-07-06T09:31:28Z
Hi Paul, I was going to suggest a hot air gun but set it on low as you can damage the gel coat if you are not careful, also use an old credit card as a scraper. You will need several as you will occasionally play the heat gun over the card by accident and it will warp the card, just sharpen the edge of the card with a file or scrape it with a sharp knife to produce a sharp edge. I have built up a 2" thick pile of old credit cards and loyalty cards over the years so have a plentiful supply.
Martin Watson
Martin Watson
2022-07-06T09:38:58Z
I forgot to mention, once you have lifted enough to be able to get a purchase on the tape, if you then play the heat gun lightly over the rest of the tape (about a metre at a time), you can usually lift it off in one go. Clean up the residue with acetone afterwards and then wash with soapy water to get rid of any residue of the acetone and leave for an hour before applying the new tape. to apply the new tape, liberally spray soapy water (Fairy liquid mixed up in a spray bottle) over the area where you are going to reapply the tape then apply the tape over the wet surface. this will allow you to position it as you want (sighting down the tape from one end of the boat). Once it's where you want it, use another old credit card as a squeegee to press it down, then leave it to dry. It works a treat.
Martin Watson
PaulJ
2022-07-12T17:52:29Z
Good advice, especially spraying the area with water/fairy before applying the stripe. Thank you very much.
Paul Morris
2022-07-19T18:17:43Z
https://amzn.eu/d/1wpD0Ns 

Zoe got all our stickers off with this and a heat gun