Martin Watson
2022-06-30T11:27:10Z
I have been getting my striping tape to maintain the look of my Parker 27, Frith, from Chery Tillington at Naughty Gull, ever since I bought my boat. Unfortunately, she can no longer get the Burgundy vinyl to make up the striping. Does anyone know of another source of the silver and burgundy striping tape (with clear space between the two colours) that Bill Parker used for these boats? My neighbor on my pile mooring has dirty/scruffy fenders and unfortunately, it keeps wearing away at my striping tape and although I have replaced the tape several times, I no longer have any left.
Martin Watson
PeterDann
2022-07-04T17:34:00Z
Hi Martin

See the next topic on the forum - although one man's grey and red is another's silver and burgundy I suppose. Hutson's are the people yuo need Hutsons . I bought new stripes, logos and everything from them - very quick, excellent quality.

Cheers

Peter

Peter Dann

Blue Moon 325/32

Martin Watson
2022-07-06T09:10:28Z
Hi Peter, thanks for the info, I will give them a try, hopefully it will match the colours I now have on my boat.
Martin Watson
Martin Watson
2022-07-26T09:48:44Z
Just an update on this issue, I contacted Hutsons, who have been very helpful. It appears that you are right Peter, the original stripe was red and grey, but when I redid mine when I first got Frith, it was definitely silver and Burgundy so someone has obviously 'had a go' before I bought her. Anyway, they have managed to source some burgundy and silver for me in cast vinyl (which lasts much longer) but interestingly, they do it slightly differently for Naughty Gull, my original provider, in that they do not use a clear binding strip. This means that it would still not match my original stripe so I will be replacing all the striping this winter with the new striping from Hutsons. You may ask why I didn't then just go for the standard red and grey, but it would not match my boat which has burgundy/mid-red cockpit hood, cockpit cover, UV strips, and dodgers. I have had to purchase a complete roll of both colours so Hutsons will have enough to provide me with 14 x 5M lengths, enough to do 3 1/2 boats!... I don't think I will need to purchase any more striping any time soon!
Martin Watson