Sea bear
2024-06-25T21:42:53Z
Hi all,

Recently joined, bought my seal 22 (Sea bear) sail no. 106 last year. Have been making progress over the year, rewired and replaced all the tired electronics, antifouling and anodes(even fitted a diesel heater for the occasional overnight with the kids!) Otherwise she was in great shape. Sails are in great shape also, with roller furling. 4 berth,sea toilet in bow with rope storage.I'm hoping to finally launch in the next week or 2 weather permitting. I have little information on it's history other than it was in carlingford marina co. Louth for the past few years with the previous owners. Would anybody have any prior history on this boat?

peter lowry
2024-06-26T05:56:45Z
Hi,

"Sea Bear" was one of 4 Seal 22,s my late Father, Stephen Lowry restored during his retirement, unfortunately he died back in 2012,

He Lived in Bettystown Co Meath and sailed out of Skerries and then Howth.

When he restored her she was sold to a family who kept her in Malahide.

I now own a Parker 275 " Sophia" Formally a S22 now in Ireland and SS26 and am currently in the Dutch Canals until mid July.

Once i am home i will see of i have a look through photos and info and see what can dig up for you

I will private message you in a few weeks

Peter Lowry

Sophia # 53

jplowry@btinternet.com