John Williams
2009-03-17T16:30:45Z
Hi all

Does anyone have a holding tank for their foul water on a 275/285?
If so what make do you have, was it easy to fit, and where did you fit it?

Thanks

John Williams
275/60 CRYSTAL
John Williams
GWENLLI
Beneteau 323
John Elliott
2009-03-18T08:29:43Z
Hi John,
I take it you are intending to cruise to the Netherlands, and have been looking at the new regs on "black water"!
Cascada has a holding tank apparently fitted as original equipment (she was apparently supplied from new to the former German Distributor), which is placed under the forepeak bunks forward of the half bulkhead. The pumpout is in the anchor locker.

I am sure Bill will be able to advise the name of the tank supplier etc although one of the Vetus standard sizes could probably be made to fit or a special ordered from Tek-Tanks or the like.

275/30 "Cascada"
275/30 "Cascada"
John Williams
2009-03-18T22:38:04Z
Hi John

Thanks for that I hadn't thought of fitting a holding tank in the bows. I was looking at the Jabsco tank but couldn't think where to fit it.

I knew the Dutch regs were coming and have been thinking of what to do for a while. The easy quick solution may be to carry a chemical toilet for emergency use for now as we are mostly in marinas while abroad.

John Williams
275/60 CRYSTAL
John Williams
GWENLLI
Beneteau 323
Christophe
2009-03-19T08:39:47Z
Hi john,
In a few days i'll have some works to do on board Alchemist.I'll send you pictures of the holding tank and connection...
Christophe
275/31 ALCHEMIST
John Williams
2009-03-20T08:33:16Z
Hi Christophe

Thanks for that. Look forward to seeing them.

John Williams
275/60 CRYSTAL
John Williams
GWENLLI
Beneteau 323
Ken Surplice
2009-04-05T22:51:25Z
Hi,

May I add a comment? The previous owner of Alchemist once gave me a tour of his toilet plumbing. I compared it to my holding tank in my P275, also in the bows, forward of the sail bath.

Unlike Alchemist, my boat has a valve next to the toilet to select 🅰 pump out toilet to sea or 🅱 pump toilet to holding tank, or [c] pump out holding tank. You may be interested in an alternative. With a view to reducing the number of connections that can go wrong, Alchemist's toilet always pumps out to the holding tank, via a regular pump. Then changing a diverter valve changes the pump action to pump out the holding tank. This seems wonderfully simple.

Cheers-Ken

Ken Surplice
Vice Commodore
Ken
DickG
2009-07-31T04:06:58Z
Interested in the plumbing arrangements for Ken Surplice's boat and Alchemist. Dark Star has a holding tank under the forward berth, but it has been disconnected. It has a very small vent up into the anchor well, and no pump out fitting. The toilet is a Jabsco, and it pumps straight to the outlet. I'm not sure how best to connect it and whether it would require a separate pump for emptying.

Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36
Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36
Ken Surplice
2009-08-03T22:31:48Z
Hello Dick,
I'll be happy to take some photographs of our holding tank arrangement. Who needs a camera with face detection technolgy for real world photos like this [:D]?
Cheers-Ken

Ken Surplice
Commodore
Ken
DickG
2009-08-07T12:03:51Z
Ken,

Thanks, I'll be looking for them!

Regards

Dick

Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36
Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36
Keith M
2011-05-12T11:14:35Z
The new owners of John Elliott's "Cascada" are off on their first trip to Upnor this weekend. John has been extremely helpful already but rather than bother him again I wondered if anyone can tell us the method for emptying the holding tank. John told us that it empties via the anchor locker and there is indeed a cap (similar to the cap to the fuel and fresh water cap) in there. We are just unsure of the method of pumping out. Many Thanks

Keith
Ken Surplice
2011-06-07T22:27:09Z
Keith,
http://www.ecm2.com/titanusa/rm69.shtml . It is different to mine but looks like it performs the same function. You can also try www.rm69.com .
Cheers-Ken

Ken Surplice
Commodore
Ken