kate.hattersley
2009-04-02T07:36:33Z
Has anyone else fitted a new LED tricolour/anchor light? My old one was crazed and bulbs kept popping and eventually a friend hit it with a ladder by mistake in the yard so the decision to replace it was made for me. I really like the idea of a light that only uses 3W instead of 25W.
After a lot of aggravation and £259 a new Aquasignal S32 LED light arrived, supposedly to fit the same footprint as the old one. Of course the holes were in a different place on the base. I had to drill new holes in the metal plate on top of the mast.
It is now fitted and wired in and the mast is raised so I await dusk to test it with a friend and a mobile phone nearby. It is low profile so I am concerned that the light will be obscured by the wind vane or the VHF aerial. There are also issues with VHF interference apparently.
Anyone else gone over to new technology? How was it for you?

Kate
Kate
David Pocock
2009-04-04T13:37:51Z
Hello Kate

I have a Lopolight LED tricolour fitted to my 235, but as it was from new any fitting problems fell to Bill Parker!

The lights certainly seem sufficently bright, and I have not noticed any VHF problems (but we do not use radios much up here). According to my BM-1 battery monitor, the tricolour draws 0.2A.

David Pocock
Parker 235/52 Arawa
David Pocock
Parker 235/52 Arawa