ChrisC
  • ChrisC
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2009-11-04T16:32:14Z
Tarakihi is now in the boatyard on our newly braced cradle and is "rock solid" (at least compared to last year). We are now planning to change the keel lifting eye bolts and a new pair has been ordered from Bill (he apparently holds these spares). I have asked in previous years if anyone has actually changed these bolts but don't recall anyone has actually done it themselves. - Has this position changed - is anyone going to do it during this winter or perhaps already done it?

We are also thinking of "upgrading" our portapotti to a proper sea toilet. Has anyone done this? Which toilet did you install? I am beginning to favour the Lavac toilet on grounds of simplicity. Parker Yachts appears to have installed RM toilets but I have been told these easily block and are prone to flooding the cabin. I assume that the inlet and outlet seacocks are fitted in the "watertight ..?" compartment that contains the log and depthsounder - is this correct. Does this arrangement have any problems e.g. the inlet and outlet being a bit too close together with the possibility of sucking in what has just been pumped out...!?

Thanks

Chris Cobb

234/48 Tarakihi