Andy G
  • Andy G
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2010-04-07T12:55:00Z
Hi

I’m looking to buy either a Parker 235 or a Super Seal 26 but I would like some advice on the launching and recovery.

The plan is to keep the boat on its trailer on the hard and launch / recover it for day and weekend sailing. I have a Freelander 2 which has a towing capacity of 2000Kg and there will be two of us performing the launch / recovery activities (I don’t plan towing the boat other than for the launch and recovery ). Would this be acceptable for the Super Seal 26 or the Parker 235 for launch / recovery and how suitable is the Super Seal 26 for regular launch / recovery?

My sailing area will be the South and South West Coast and will consists mainly of day and weekend sailing with the occasional longer cruise down the South West and possible cross-channel trip. I would appreciate any views concerning the relative merits of both boats for this type sailing.

Many thanks for your advice
Andy

Jago
Parker 235/04
Paul Bowman
2010-04-21T17:01:00Z
If you want to send me an email with your phone number, I'll have a chat with you about launching. I tend to do it on my own with a 235.

Paul

235/17 Kinkajou
Paul

Hunter Pilot 27, GiGi
(ex 235 owner)
GeoffTurner
2010-04-22T17:19:03Z
Paul: rather than putting your email in the post, it's safer for Andy to click on your name then select "Send Email". So you might like to edit your post to hide your address from spammers.

With my P21, I've launched it on my own just once - on a calm day. I was in tidal waters, so reversed the trailer in so the boat wasn't quite floating, then waited for the tide to rise. I even managed to keep my feet dry!

Presumably - in non-tidal water - you leave the boat tied to the trailer until you're ready?

But usually I have help, which makes it a doddle.

Geoff

Parker 21 / 18 Dawn