geoff.sheddick
2010-07-13T14:04:02Z
I am trying to locate replacement Crown Rings for my Plastimo Neptune cooker [vintage 1989] because the two top burners both suffer from "flare" on their "high heat" settings.
Initially I was unable to get one burner to stay alight at all as the flame failure device shut off the gas whenever I released its control knob. I have now been shown the trick of lighting it on the "low heat" setting which allows the thermocouple to heat up in the non-flaring flame, after which I can release the control knob, and turn up the heat setting to "high".
I have already removed the Top Caps, lifted off the castellated Crown Rings and removed all visible corrosion [which is the root cause of the flaring] from the mating surfaces of the underside of the Crown Ring and the top of the Base Plate fitting, with little improvement. I have been cautioned against doing anything that further reduces the dimples on the underside of the Crown Ring since these are the spacers that regulate the 360 degree gas flow all around the base of the Crown Ring, which in turn prevents the flaring.
Therefore, unless I can source replacement Crown Rings, I will eventually have to replace the entire cooker for want of these two small components.
Plastimo UK refer me to Southampton Calor Gas Centre for all spares and advice, who in turn say that these parts are no longer available for my age Neptune cooker.
Any suggestions, please?
sincerely
Geoff - P27 Stroller

Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'
geoff.sheddick
2010-11-18T17:37:10Z
http://www.yachtparts.co.uk  ] still stocks replacement Crown Ring Plates Part No LPS332 to suit Plastimo Atlantic pre 1992 cookers [the Neptune is the same family as the Atlantic].
Although I cannot detect any visible difference between my old Crown Rings and the new ones, for just £30 my two burner rings now work perfectly!

Parker 27/146 "Stroller'
Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'